Chapter 15: The Decision

Your P.O.V. 

You opened your eyes blinking a bit feeling exhausted getting back to reality. The brightness went down while you caught sight of a bare ceiling. You glanced down to see the same hospital gown you were were when... Your thought stopped when you remembered the last events from before you blacked out. The wings wrapped around you had begun to sink back into your skin while you tried to sit up. 

"Steve."

You let out just as you heard a book slam shut next to you. You followed the source of the sound to see a girl standing there in shock in front of a chair. Your head tilted a little confused on who it was. 

"Y/N, you're awake!"

She said with a big smile letting out a sigh of relief. 

"Here, you should eat and drink something... you must be starving.."

She continued before going over to the side table to pick up a muffin and a glass of water. You took the water and muffin in your hands while she handed them to you. You took this time to study her more closely. She was familiar to you. Her eyes. Her smile. The way her mannerisms were and how she simple was. You immediately placed the muffin and the water back on the side table realizing who she was. Then you shot up moving around towards her to stand up pulling her into a bear hug. 

"Sam, you're alive and okay."

She accepted the hug with a slight chuckle.

"You too."

She whispered in response while you smiled. You pulled away seeing Sam more clearly now with a happy smile on her face. 

"So, you're my sister now?"

"Yeah, is that okay?"

She let out cautiously with a bit of hope. 

"Of course, it's okay as long as you're happy."

You responded warmly before getting a little dizzy falling back down to the bed. She felt your head laughing a little.

"You need some food and water you haven't eaten in four days."

She stated while you rubbed the back of your neck feeling rough ribs of something. 

"What?"

She picked up the muffin and water again handing it to you while you sat up on the bed with your hand still feeling your neck. You accepted the muffin and water as she realized what you had been feeling.

"Oh yeah, Erik helped get that tracker out of you."

You took a bite of the muffin realizing she was talking about someone you knew. Erik Lehnsherr. He was one of the first men you trusted besides the Doctor after you started dating his son, Peter Maximoff. He helped you with your adjustment at the mansion with his husband, Charles Xavier. 

"I remember him... I remember him!"

You exclaimed realizing your memory was back while you still rubbed the bumps on your neck which were probably stitches. 

"The Doctor was able to hold onto your memories while Erik slowly slid it out... then Hank stitched you up... and The Doctor has been doing some research on the technology that was used to make your tracker."

Sam started to ramble in explanation while you laid back to smile. Brenner had no way to control you anymore. You were finally free. To do what you want. 

"Sam, you're free."

Sam smiled in reply to your comment. 

"Yeah, and we're together."