Chapter 13: The Home

Your P.O.V.

You were laying on the ground over a soft blanket glancing up at the stars. A smile crept up on your face thinking about seeing those stars up close one day. They shined so bright and didn't have to worry about how not to piss off your guardian today. No matter what you do it always ends in him hurting you as a punishment. All you wanted was him to be proud of you but what is the point of trying to if it never works. Nothing is ever enough for him. That's why you decided to stop. Decided to go with your gut instead of obeying everything he told you to do. Do something, you felt was right. That's why when he asked you dispose of the eleventh child you instead helped that kid escape this retched place. She deserved to have a better life and hopefully you helped her with that start. Now you were hiding up here until he found out what you did and have you punished. Maybe killed. You didn't care, all you cared about was seeing the stars one last time before you face the horrible fate waiting for you. Your smile became wider as you noticed a shooting star coming across the sky. 

"I wish I could escape this place."

You hopefully whispered taking a sigh of acceptance. The shooting star started to become bigger causing you to sit up in confusion.

"stars don't get... bigger?"

You let out focusing your stare on it in curiosity. It's size started to get larger and larger baffling you. Your gaze went around the rest of the rooftop looking for a book you stole on astronomy from one of the scientists' offices in this place. When you came back to view the star it had grown twice in size and was more of a shape of a square now. You didn't have time to react before it started to head right towards you at a faster speed. You rolled over barely avoiding the flying box star that tumbled onto the roof. Standing up getting a hold of your breath, you turned over to see a blue box. It seemed to be steaming out of the top as you inched towards it seeing that there were doors on this strange box. The box was rectangle shaped now that you had a better view of it laying on the floor of the roof with it's doors seeming ready to flying open with the amount of steam escaping. You came closer to it reading the words, police box, written on the side. 

"This can't be a star."

You remarked before the box door slammed up hitting you hard in the face knocking you down. Your hand went over your face trying to feel if there was a bump forming over your already bruised face. You rolled over attempting to get up to check the box once more walking around to it again. A man's head popped up out of it with a huge smile on his face. 

"Hello! Terribly sorry about my ship..."

He stopped once he caught sight of your face. 

"What happened? Are you in trouble?"

He asked changing his tone to immediate worry. Your hand grazed itself under your eye wincing in pain. 

"You must of hit me pretty hard when you opened the door to your... wait did you say this was a ship?"

You let out trying to change the subject as he hopped out of his ship tripping on the way out. It caused you to let out a small giggle which you tried to cover up hoping not to offend this random guy. Then he immediately shot up again again gaining his balance while the sound of an explosion came from inside his box. 

"Don't worry about that, now bruises that color require a significant amount of force and about maybe an hour or so give or take to accumulate within the skin tissue so... are you in trouble?"

You looked down thinking about the situation as an alarm started to blare throughout the facility. 

"Look, I don't know who you are or where you came from but... you can't help me."