Chapter 7: The Babysitter

Your P.O.V.

You walked up to the Wheeler's house with Jonathan. 

"You know Nancy and I would be completely fine with you coming with us if you didn't want to babysit on a Friday night."

"It's fine I don't want to intrude on your date plus Steve and I have a new sort of tradition I guess where we hang out on Fridays and have KFC."

You let out to him while smiling about it. He came to the door and knocked while smiling in response to your comment. Nancy answered the door as you observed her cute outfit. Jonathan and Nancy hugged and then Nancy turned to you to smile.

"Steve's downstairs, have fun!"

"You too."

You let out as you walked in as they walked out to Jonathan's car. You wandered into the house after closing the door, finding the door to the basement. Once you opened it silently you heard the last part of an argument down below. 

"Wouldn't you like to kiss her?"

Dustin shouted as you started to slowly make your way down to where they are. 

"Can you stop with this I'm just helping her and she's a good friend."

"Oh yeah, like El is just my "friend."'

Another kid's voice let out sarcastically to Steve's comment as you came all the way down the stairs. Then all the kids sitting around the table glanced over to you. You made eye contact with Steve who was standing with his arms crossed. His facial expression softened when he saw you and then walked over to you. 

"Y/N, this is everyone."

He said while gesturing everyone sitting at the table smirking at you. You put your bag down by the table making your way over to the kids. 

"I know Dustin and Will, what's everyone else's names?"

"I'm Mike, that's Lucas, and that's Max."

A kid wearing a polo said as he pointed over to a kid wearing a bandana and the girl with red hair standing over him. Then Mike glanced over to Steve seeming excited about something. 

"Now that she's here to watch us, can you go pick up El?"

Steve to turned to you with an expression that seemed as if he were about to apologized for something. 

"It's fine Steve, I can watch them plus they seem old enough to take care of themselves."

You let out sincerely looking at all of them nod in agreement liking you already. 

"Okay, don't freak her out."

Steve let out to the kids before starting up the stairs. 

"You should get some KFC on the way back."

You commented as he turned back in the middle of the stairs to smile at you.

"Of course, It's Friday isn't it?"

He replied to you while winking at you before walking up the rest of the stairs. You smiled while turning back to the kids who were all looking real smug. 

"What do you guys usually do?"

"We usually play DND but we want to talk about you."

"What?"

You questioned glancing over at Dustin.

"Yeah, Will was telling us how you lost your memory and our group was able to help Eleven with her situation maybe we can help you."