Chapter 14: The Light

Your P.O.V.

You stumbled down a hallway while carrying El while you noticed how much blood was accumulating around her stomach. Tears were coming from your eyes which seemed to be a mix of fear and exhaustion. 

"Where..."

El started as you burst open one of the lab doors heading to the side of the building outside. A storm raged as you felt the rain beat down on the two of you. You bent down in the grass to gently place her down glancing around to see if anyone had followed you. Taking a breath of relief, you closed your eyes focusing your energy. Then you opened them sharply creating a ball of white energy in your hands. You directed that energy into El's wound as she followed your ball of light with wonder in her eyes. The light energy moved a bullet slowly out of her stomach attaching all her skin back together. She sat up picking up her hospital gown to look at the wound with her mouth open in awe at her bare skin. 

"Now, you see that pipe over there."

You pointed towards this pipe while she followed with her eyes.

"I placed a clean gown there to change in and after that just run."

You let out quickly as the both of you stood up.

"Come."

She said softly extending her arm out towards you. You moved your head back and forth feeling a tear splash down watching her understand the situation. She stood there for a moment before turning around running towards the pipe. You watched her until you couldn't see her through the darkness of the rain of the storm. Your legs wouldn't move over the shock of what you have done then relief of acceptance fled over you. The rain came down your whole body as you felt that you could finally breathe for the first time your whole life. After taking your moment, you started to head back into the facility with a smile opening the door you came through. Two workers came down the hall obviously following the trail of blood you had left. Brenner followed close behind as they all started at you with your blood stained clothes in shock. 

"It is done now... if you would kindly move so I could get a fresh change of clothes."

You let out in surprisingly believable confidence. Brenner put a hand on your shoulder with a slight smile. 

"I'm proud of you daughter, I've taught you well."

He said condescendingly to you before moving out of the way for you. You thanked him with a nod before walking past him and his two workers. Your eyes bolted open from the dream to realized you were now being dragged along the floor with two people carrying you. Your eyes stared at the floor trying to comprehend what was happening before observing the situation further. They were taking you somewhere and you didn't want to know where. And they didn't know you were awake yet. You started to let out your wings in hopes of causing a shock that would give some sort of distraction. The wings ripped through whatever gown they had put you in and immediately slapped both guards in the face knocking them out. Your face smacked hard against the ground as your cuffed hands pushed into your stomach. You slowly got yourself up glancing over at the two men knocked out before using your wings to fly you to your feet. Then you just took off running to see if you could find the exit to this place. While running, you fixed the top of the gown you ripped through to wrap around your neck. You stopped when you came to a hallway that was blocked with two plastic coverings that you would have to walk through. In the middle of it was a sign that read: NO METAL BEYOND THIS POINT. You shrugged as your wings moved the plastic out of the way continuing your speed. Suddenly, you were yanked forward by some unknown force throwing you to the ground dragging you by your handcuffs.

"What the..."

You let out as you being dragged down the hallway. The handcuffs eventually unclicked and flew down away out of sight leaving you confused laying there. Your wings picked you up again as you decided to go back the way you came not wanting to know what was down that hallway. Right when you turned back around you saw about six guns pointed at you by workers of this place. You raised your hands up by instinct before their guns all seemed to jerk up at once hitting all of them in the face. You shrugged running right back through the plastic still trying to find a way out of wherever you were. It was definitely a different place from the one in your dreams. You were distracted by your thoughts that you didn't have time before someone grabbed you pulling you into a closet. You were thrown into a shelf that ended up falling on top of you. Your wings wrapped around you to protect you from most of the glass breaking around you. You wiggled around trying to get out when you were stuck while you heard a huff of air coming from the door. Your eyes followed the noise to see Brenner standing there was an angry look on his face. The same one from your dreams. The same one he shot you when he. You stopped your when he started to slowly walk over to the damage.