Chapter 1: The Appearance

Your P.O.V.

After walking aimlessly around the forest for hours, you had finally found something different: a railroad track. You had woken up with no clothes in the middle of the forest with no idea who you were or how you got to this point. The most bizarre thing was that you had these beautiful white angel wings. You thought that maybe they were fake, but when you went to remove them they were attached to your back. When you were walking around, you realized the weight of the wings was non-existent. You were baffled because their size was enormous. The wing span was longer than your actual height. It was all so abnormal to you, you didn't even know if they were always there.  Someone could have forced them there and that's how you got your memory wiped. You were trying to figure out what your name was. It was a simple memory or so you thought because no matter how hard you tried to remember it wouldn't come to you. You started to walk along the railroad track before collapsing on the ground in defeat. You thought that following the railroad would lead to a town but you started to think that maybe you shouldn't. You couldn't remember if having angel wings was normal but you just had this overwhelming feeling not to let anyone see them. Your hands clung onto your head in frustration taking your hair into your fingers. Your wings wrapped around yourself to warm you up with your natural instinct. You heard a twig snap causing yourself to bolt upright with your wings still curling around yourself to cover up. Then you saw a man pointing a gun at you and you stiffened. 

"Please, don't hurt me."

He lowered it and gave you a curious stare. 

"Do you need some help?.... Maybe some clothes?"

You glanced down at your wings covering your body and sighed.

"Can something hide these things?"

"Are those real?"

He let out while stepping forward a bit to get a closer look at them.

"I think."

"You think?"

He said while keeping a far distance from you as he pulled off his coat. 

"I think I have slight memory loss."

You said while slightly smiling hoping you could trust this man. 

"Okay, there has to be a way to hide those or else there would be some news about you already... take my coat."

"How is this supposed to cover these?"

"Just place it around them for now?... I don't know!"

You shrugged at his slight frustration as you glanced down at yourself for a second.

"Can you turn around?"

He nodded as he turned around still holding his arm out with his jacket behind him towards you. You extended your arm out to the jacket and grabbed it as your wings spread out again. His hand remained across his eyes not wanting to see anything. You thought for a moment how this was going to work as you just placed the sleeve on your hand as if you were going to put it on. Then you felt your wing press itself across your arm, you studied it as it seemed to morph into your skin. Your eyes got wide as you watched your wings completely disappear into your arms and your back. You sighed a little bit at being able to not look like a freak who doesn't know who they are. You slipped on the jacket happily and zipped it up all the way. You were glad the jacket was so big because it looked like a dress on you.

"You can turn around now."

You let out as he turned around slightly moving his fingers to peer through them. Then he turned around completely to try to figure out what happened to your wing.