Ten

Apart from waking up on the floor of a classroom, the first month of Hogwarts passed by seamlessly. However, halfway through October things started to get a little bit strange.

"Hey, you're Maya Cartwright, right?" Maya looked up at the blonde sixth year standing in front of her. She nodded, pushing her homework away.

"Yeah, I am."

"Package for you." The girl handed over the package and walked off. Maya turned it over in her hands, confused. Dani suddenly popped up out of nowhere, flinging herself into the nearest armchair, putting her feet up on the back and hanging down.

"What's that?"
"I dunno. I don't recognise the writing." Maya frowned. The writing was simple and neat, and she couldn't tell if it had been written by a man or a woman. She slis her finger under the seam on one side, opening up the brown wrapper.

She unfolded the wrapping paper to reveal a small wooden box. It was old, but had been recently polished until it shone. A small gold clasp sat along the seam on one side, with matching hinges on the other.

Maya opened up the box, and frowned. Inside was a locket and a piece of paper. "What does it say?" Dani sat up, leaning closer, curious. Maya unfolded the paper then went pale. She stood up quickly, sending it all to the floor with a clatter.

One of the prefects, the blonde girl from earlier, came over. May's put her hands over her head, shaking. She looked like she was about to have a panic attack. "Hey kid, you alright?" The perfect reached down and picked up the items. She frowned, then looked up at the two, then around the room. "Is this some sort of prank?"

I know who you really are, Maya Cartwright. Are you ready to accept the truth?

-The Watcher

                            ******

"What does this mean?" Maya placed up and down the empty classroom. Dani flashed her her best attempt at a comforting smile, but she was at a loss of what to say. Professor McGonagall had confiscated the box and the note, and asked the girls to wait there until she came back.

"Is it really that big of a deal though? The Weasleys are great." Dani regretted the words that came out of her mouth as soon as she said them. She couldn't imagine growing up as someone for 11 years to then be told you might be someone completely different. It was quite simply madness.

"Have you heard the stories, and seen the newspaper clippings? Apparently she- I was taken because of some sort of secret power! I can't deal with that. I'm Maya- just Maya. I can't be the lost Weasley twin. Surely someone would have known that before?"

"Well, Just Maya, I guess you need to start getting used to the name Penelope." Dani tried for a joke, but buried her face in her hands as Maya passed out cold.