Five

"I'm joking, relax." Cole said hastily, now looking concerned. Maya's ears were ringing, and her head spun. Could it be possible? I mean, they did look alike.

Charlie shook his head like he was attempting to get water out of his ears. He had planned for years what he would say when he met Penny again, but now he was lost for words. What if this girl in front of him wasn't Penny, he would be getting his hopes up for nothing. But what if she was? A small voice in the back of his mind whispered.

"When's your birthday Maya?" Charlie took a deep breath.
"15th December." She responded. "It's the day I was adopted so we call it my birthday. We aren't sure when the actual day is."

"Mine's 12th December." Charlie responded. His heart was pounding now. "That means it's possible."

"Possible? It's an almighty coincidence lad." Cole seemed even more excited. Charlie and Maya started at each other, taking in their details. Both of them were pale and ginger, with brown eyes. The both had long, slender fingers. Maya had a birthmark next to the joint of her thumb. Charlie grabbed her hand to get a closer look.

"Alright, when we get to Hogwarts, you two need to talk to one of the teachers." Dani said. Her face was pale, and she looked slightly scared. "This is crazy." The other three agreed.

There was silence for a few more minutes. Maya peaned back against the seat and closed her eyes, trying to calm the frantic beating of her heart. There was a knock at the door, and the trolley witch poked her head in. "Anything off the trolley dears?" Charlie looked glum,looking down and shaking his head. Cole jumped up eagerly, grabbing three packs of gum and a pack of Bertie boots every favour beans. Maya glanced at Charlie.
"Yo possible twin brother, what do you want?" His face lit up.

Maya lay back on the seat, resting her head in Cole's lap and holding her stomach. "Urgh I ate so much I could explode." Cole laughed, and Maya felt it vibrate through her body. She closed her eyes. Danielle looked at her watch then jumped up.

"We should start getting our robes on guys, it's nearly evening. That means we're nearly there!"

The boys ducked out, and Danielle and Maya changed in quiet. Maya stared at her reflection in the window as she fastened the black tie with the Hogwarts logo. She brushed her hair back from her face with her fingertips, letting out a loud sigh. This was it.