Chapter 2:The new schedule

"Last box?" my dad said, trying to catch his breath.

"Yeah" I muttered.

Last box meant that he had to leave and I started to tear up. He caught my eye and I pretended like I didn't notice.

"Hey, don't do that. You're going to be fine" he assured me.

Hot tears were now gliding down my cheeks. 

"Calliope, Listen to me. You are-"

"Look at me" he whispered.

I looked.

"You are not going to be alone, okay?" he nodded his head.

I was quiet and playing with the strings of my hoodie. 

"Change is good Callie. You'll have your best friend and you'll have your bossy sister to take care of you" He said while hugging me.

"I don't need anyone to take care of me" I muttered.

"Hey I know" he said jerking his head back.

There was silence.

Then I finally started..."I need someone to take care of you, you're going to be alone" I said firmly. 

"I don't need someone to wash my ass for me" he said laughing. I cracked a smile. 

"Are you sure about that?" I teased.

He laughed. He laughs loud. Every time he laughs he tilts his head back and lets out a holler of laughter.

"Just call me whenever you need me, or whenever you need someone to bully you, okay?" he said smiling ear to ear.

I nodded. He kissed my head, "Now hurry, go say bye to Kian I have to drive him back home. He's in Cam's dorm, he was helping Cam with his boxes. I'm going to say bye to Nova. Tell Kian I'll be in the car waiting. Love you"

"Okay, I love you too" I said as he walked out.

I sat on my mattress. I wiped away my tears. I took a deep breath and laid back.

There was a knock at the door. It startled me. I stood up and headed to the door. There was a girl struggling to hold a box and a guy standing behind her with two huge boxes that were covering his head. 

"Are you Leah?" I pronounced it as (lay-yuh).

She looked at me and cringed. 

"Nope, So close though" She smiled. 

"It's pronounced (lee-yuh), I blame my parents. They didn't like it spelled l-e-e-y-a" she said pointing like each word was in front of her.

"Nice to meet you, I'm-"

"Calliope! Ugh that name is so beautiful" she said walking past me and setting the box she was holding on her empty side of the room. I cringed and she noticed. She tilted her head in confusion. 

"I actually go by Callie" I said while giving her a nervous smile.

"Oh okay, Good to know" she sounded distracted. The guy that was behind her followed her in and set the boxes on the floor. He was pretty tall and he was pretty, angelic almost. He was very quiet and muscular. 'Well lucky Leah, she got a hot one' I thought. He looked at me and froze. Then he turned around towards Leah and said, "I'll be in the hall, try not to take so long". 

"Okay" Leah said while looking at him, trying to study him. He turned towards me and flashed a friendly smile and walked out. 

"I have to go, I'll be back. Will you be here later tonight? So we can get to know each other. If-If you want". I asked quietly. 

"Umm, I think so. I might be back a little late, not sure. But I definitely want to get to know you" She smiled ear to ear. 

"Okay" I walked out. The guy was in the hall. He leaned against the wall in a nonchalant manner. I awkwardly looked at him and he nodded at me. I started heading towards the elevators. I was playing with my fingers. 

I knocked on Cameron's door. It cracked open. I just let myself in. I could hear Kian laughing. They were talking and making jokes. 'Cam could be so two faced, he was just bashing him in the car' I thought as I looked at them. 

"Hey guys. My dad's waiting for you in the car" I looked at Kian. His smiled faded. 

"Okay, I'll miss you" he went in for a kiss but I hugged him instead. Behind him was Cameron. He was laughing quietly. I flipped him off and mouthed 'fuck off' to him. 

"You know your way out, right?" I pulled away from the hug. He nodded and kissed my cheek. 

"Bye Cam" he nodded towards him. 

"Bye" Cameron yawned. The door shut behind him and Cam let out a roar of laughter. 

"That was hilarious. I will always bully you about this exact moment" he said holding his stomach. 

"Ugh you are so annoying, are you going to unpack now?" I rolled my eyes. 

"Nope, I'm hungry. Text Nova and tell her to take us to a pizza place" He said looking at his phone, which was out of battery. 

"Alright, lets hope campus food doesn't taste like battery acid" I said laughing. 

               Me: Hey wanna take us to a pizza place? We're STARVING

              Nova: Sure! But I'm bringing two friends. Plus Aria. Is that a problem? 

Is that a problem? Of course it's a problem' I thought.

               Me: Not a problem at all! We're in Cam's dorm

              Nova: Alrighty, be there in ten minutes. Tell Cam to look decent and put deodorant on.

            Me: Will do, trust me. 

"She'll be here in 10 minutes, put something else on. Grab deodorant before we leave" I smiled nicely. As we started to head out I started to fidget with my fingers. 'Two people, it's just two' I thought nervously.

"Okay?" Cam asked, sounding concerned. He noticed the fidgeting. 

"She's bringing two people" I said taking a deep breath. "Callie, you'll be fine, trust me. If you want to leave just tell me. You know Nova will understand" He said with a hand on my shoulder.

'I won't be fine, I have social anxiety' I thought, frustrated with myself.

"Right, okay" I said, taking a calmer deep breath in. 

Ding* 

           Nova: We're outside.