Chapter 5: Compliments

I woke up to my phone chiming, it was Kian. He texts me every morning. I still haven't responded to his last text from last month. I was distracted. 

Ding*

        Kian: On my way to my 8:30 class. Call me, I miss you. 

I looked at the time, 7:46. 'Ugh, I haven't even started class yet. He would know that if I ever decided to text him back' I thought to myself. I've been packed with work in all my classes.

        Me: Sorry I haven't texted you. I've been packed with homework and I'm still adjusting. I don't have class until 10:00. I need my beauty sleep!

       Kian: Sorry! Love you. 

 I threw my phone across my bed, it bounced off of my desk and onto the ground. Leah was up already, she has an 8:30 class as well. She was halfway done with unpacking; she just needed two boxes left. I on the other hand haven't even started. 

"Woah, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed" she was looking in her closet. She had a red spring dress on, and her hair was straighten. 

"Ugh, sorry. It's Kian. He keeps texting me. I just don't know how to tell him I can't do long distance" I adjusted myself to sit up. 

"You mean you don't know how to tell him that you're into my brother?" she laughed. 

I got up and stretched, "I'm not into your brother" I started to pick crust out of my eye. "You are, you're just in denial" she said, trying to push her foot into her Chuck Taylor's. "And why exactly would I be in denial?" 

"Because you feel guilty, you're still in a relationship with Kian" She finished tying her shoes and got up to apply lip gloss. 

"That is not tru-"

"Shit, I have to go. I'm running late. Lunch?" she started to grab her books. 

"Can't, how about dinner?" I suggested. Nova wants me to hangout with her for lunch, she wants me to say hi to Karl, her boyfriend. I just saw him last month. The only reason she would actually want to 'hangout' with me would be to check up on me. She worries more than I do and it get's annoying. 

Leah hesitated, "Can you bring Cam?" she asked nervously. 

"Of course" I grabbed clothes from an untouched box. She lit up with joy, "Oh my God, I'll bring Chandler!". My face lit up, I could feel my face burning. I haven't  talked to him since we went to Domino's, of course I see him every other day but he comes to pick up Leah. 

"7?" She asked looking at her phone. "um, Yeah 7" I swallowed my saliva but it turned into a loud gulp. The door closed behind her. I needed to unpack if we were going to have dinner here. I texted Cameron for help. He doesn't have class until this afternoon, I just hope he was up.

      Me: Come up and help me unpack.

      Cameron: NO

      Me: Please, I need help.

      Cameron: Fine, be there in 20. 

I left my dorm to go to the public restrooms. I would change in the room, but Leah forget's everything and I wouldn't want her to see me naked. I hate the public restrooms. There's always so many girls, applying their makeup, laughing with their friends. It's just like high school. I feel like they all stop their conversation to stare at me. I took a deep breath and I walked in. I took a quick shower, I brushed my teeth in the shower. I got dressed, it was really hot outside so I decided to wear a black crop top with a long sage green skirt with my Doc Martins. I came out and Cam was waiting by my dorm. His curls were damp. He was in his pajamas.