Chapter 6: Just like the books

Okay so this chapter is a little longer than the rest, it's 1991 words (not including this) if this was too long let me know if they should be shorter or longer like this. Anyway ENJOY! 

Later that evening we ordered Wings and tacos. It seemed like a weird combination but everyone here was craving something different. Cameron and I got wings, Leah and Chandler got tacos. I was sitting on my bed with Cameron. Leah was sitting on her bed and Chandler was sitting at Leah's desk.

"How could wings be someone's favorite meal? It's like an appetizer" Chandler said, then taking a bite of his taco. This is the argument we were all having for an hour.

"What?!" I said defensively, throwing my hands in the air. 

"No way you just said appetizer" Cam started, "How is it like an appetizer? You would think nachos are like an appetizer" 

We all nodded. The one thing we agreed on. "You know there's a party at my building tonight if you guys want to come" Chandler said, mostly looking at me.

"Yeah," Leah said looking at Cam who was looking at me.

I shook my head no. "I can't sorry" I bit into a wing. "Why not?" Cameron asked confused.

"I have to go meet up with someone from my poetry class" They all looked at me in confusion like I'm supposed to tell them what I'm doing every second of the day. 

"Someone?...Like a guy? Are you guys going on a date?" Leah asked.

"No, No. We're working on an assignment together"

"So it is a guy?" Chandler asked, raising an eyebrow. "Yeah, But you guys still have fun" I made myself sound tired. A party sounded nice right now. I just wouldn't like to be introduced to new people, as long as I was with the people I knew I was fine.

"Either way, you're not the party type" Cameron chuckled. He sounded like he was joking but it also sounded like he was making fun of me. I couldn't tell because he's never actually embarrassed me in front of anyone.  I looked at him in disbelief and that's when he realized what he did. I got up and stormed out of the room. I could hear Leah say "Not cool" and she got up but she didn't come out of the room, Chandler did. 

"Calliope! Calliopeee!" He sang out my name while jogging. I was already in the elevator. Right as the doors were closing I saw a familiar veiny hand stop the elevator door.

I looked at my shoes. "I have to go meet up with my partner for class, you should get ready for your party" 

"You're going to the library?" He asked, pressing the lobby button. I nodded still hurt by Cameron's words.

"I'll walk you" He smiled.

"Good because I have no clue where I'm going" I cracked my fingers.  He laughed. "What time were you meeting up with your date?" He was staring  at me.

I jerked my head back. "It's not a date" I sounded annoyed.

"Did he compliment you?" He said sternly.

I squinted my eyes at him.

"So then it is a date" He looked at the elevator doors as they opened. We walked out of the building as the breeze hit us. It was a nice breeze, a fall night breeze. 

"No" I rolled my eyes. I don't think it was a date, Elijah said we were working on the assignment so that means it wasn't a date. Right? 

I looked at the time on my phone and it was 8:40. "How long does it take to get to the library?" I glanced at him, he was watching himself walk.