Less Resources, More Fun! - Part One

"Welcome, one and all, to the newest, grandest, and most exciting season of Total Drama yet! I'm Chris McLean, your host, and welcome to Total Drama Wilderness! Here comes our first contestants now..."

A large cruise ship pulls into the dock, and many teenagers can be seen on the camera. The first, a tall girl, with cropped blonde hair and green eyes, steps off of the boat. She waves, but doesn't say a word.

"First up, Luma! I've been told by producers that she has total mutism, as in, the inability to talk whatsoever." Luma waves at the screen, before moving on to the docks. The next person- a girl with brown hair and blue eyes- walks up, and waves to the camera.

"H-hey! I'm Amai!" She says loudly. She walks on over to Luma, and they begin seem awkward around each other, due to Amai not having much experience with those who don't talk.

A boy with dark red hair and orange-brown eyes comes up. Amai swoons at the attractiveness of him, but Luma- ever the aroace- is unaffected. 

Making quick finger guns to the camera, he is introduced as Uriah, before another boy steps off of the boat. He is relatively tall, with blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Kai, everyone!" He heads to the other end of the docks, staying as far away from people as possible. Luma, however, walks up to him and says something quickly in sign language. He just nods, and they begin an avid conversation in sign.

Next, two girls walk onto the docks together. One is very short, with dark brown hair, caramel colored eyes, and dark skin. The other has long blonde hair, dark brown eyes, and pale skin.

"Kinsey," Chris says, pointing to the shorter, brunette one, before moving his finger to the other and saying, "And Abby."

Another group of three walks out, a boy and two girls.

"Quentin, McKenzie, and Lexi, everyone!" Chris exclaims.

Quentin has neon purple hair, with streaks of black and white. His eyes are a similar color to most of his hair- neon purple- and his skin is a healthy tan. McKenzie has fair skin, strawberry blonde hair, and hazel eyes. Lexi has pale skin, with black and red hair, and grey eyes.

Three more people follow Quentin, McKenzie, and Lexi, a boy and two girls.

"And here we have Chanel, Natalie, and Jordan!" Chris says.

Chanel is tan, with blond and black hair, split straight down the middle, and she has hazel eyes. Next, Natalie has fair skin, dark brown hair, that's bordering black, and she also has hazel colored eyes. Jordan has pale skin, bright, electric blue hair, and similarly colored eyes.

Another pair, this time with two boys, walks off the boat.

The first boy, introduced as Red, has very dark hair, and the same color skin. His eyes are green, and he is the shortest person introduced thus far. He's not muscular, like the other boys introduced so far, but he does seem feisty. The other boy, Porter, is much, much taller, with sandy blonde hair and blue eyes. He has the classic boy-next-door look about him.

Another girl comes out, completely silent. She has ivory skin, with brown hair that has grey tips. Her eyes are a bright blue. She gives a curt nod before walking to the dock, and- much like Kai- staying away from people as much as possible.

"Joie!" Chris shouts.

The next two girls walk out. 

"Thea!" Chris says, gesturing to an ivory-skinned girl with blonde hair and teal eyes.

"And Clara!" She has white skin, and both her hair and eyes are black.

"Next up, Charlie," someone else walks out. They have black skin, red hair, and brown eyes.

A group of three boys walks out. "Duke, Matthias, and Ivan!"

Duke is tall, with honey blonde hair, pale skin, and green eyes. Matthias has black skin, dark brown hair, and grey eyes. Ivan has tanned skin, brown eyes, and ginger hair.

"And finally, Keegan and Flavio!" Flavio has bright ginger hair, with pale skin and hazel eyes. Keegan is a ghostly pale, with platinum blonde hair and blue eyes.

"And that's a- wait, we're missing one," Chris says, but when he turns around, a short girl with tan skin and black and blue hair is behind him. She's wearing a white mask that covers half of her face, giving her a very creepy air about her.

"Hi! I'm Rose-Samantha!" The girl says cheekily, "Call me Rose though!" Chris jumps, and Rose walks over to the other contestants.

"This season, there will be two teams. The Quirky Castaways includes Luma, Kai, Uriah, McKenzie, Rose, Porter, Chanel, Red, Thea, Charlie, Ivan, and Flavio! The Odd Islanders have Amai, Lexi, Natalie, Abby, Quentin, Jordan, Kinsey, Joie, Clara, Duke, Matthias, and Keegan."

"Uh, what are the cabin arrangements? I'm not sleeping in... that, am I?" McKenzie asks. 

Chris bursts out into laughter, "Of course not!" he exclaims, causing most people to sigh in relief. That is, before he pushes a button, "You won't be sleeping in anything! This seasons twist is that we will only be providing you with a bag of food, some firewood, and other basic essentials. Besides that, you're not getting anything! Think of it as camping."

The cabins, mess hall, and communal washrooms all blow up, in a violent explosion, that has nearly all of the contestants ducking.

"Your first challenge is a one-on-one challenge. Each of you will pair up with someone from the other team. You will race through the forest- which has been turned into a hedge maze due to Chef not cutting the bushes- to get to the bag of rice in the middle. In each pair, one will bring back the rice and will get individual immunity for the night, should their team lose. If you lost your individual battle, and your team overall got less wins, then you are up for elimination! First up we have Chanel and Abby!"

Chanel and Abby prepare, and when the bullhorn sounds, they take off into the maze. With the rest of the contestants, a scream- sounding a lot like Abby- resounds throughout the island.

"W-why did she scream?" Kinsey asks.

"I may have added some little obstacles in the maze, hehe."

Meanwhile, Chanel is running her way through the maze, when she comes across a clearing with a bag in it.

"Aha!" However, when she picks it up, she immediately drops it on her foot. "Damnit! It's a fake. And it's filled with rocks!"

Abby, on the other hand, comes across a pillar of fire.

"Well, here goes nothing." She jumps, and her arm gets burned, but besides that, she's unscathed.

Finally, Chanel sees another bag, in a different clearing. She picks it up, and it's attached to a blowhorn, which she blows.

"And Chanel wins! That's one point for the Castaways, and none for the Islanders. Next up, Amai and Charlie."

When the signal sounds, Amai runs into the maze. A couple seconds later, Charlie follows. Charlie stealthily follows Amai from a distance, but loses her a little ways through.

Not long later, both Charlie and Amai end up on opposite sides of the clearing with the bag. The both lunge for it and-

"Well, that's all for now, see you next time, on Total Drama Wilderness!" Chris shouts, and all the contestants groan.