Chapter 1

Keys:
Y/N = Your name
N/N = Nickname
F/F = Favorite Food
F/D = Favorite drink
~~~~~~~~
~~~Y/N POV~~~
All I could hear was arguing from my room. I couldn't stand being in this household anymore everyone just yelling at each other. I wanted to leave this place so I could stay in peace. No arguing, just me and nature. I peeked outside seeing the sun giving out light, birds chirping joyfully, kids playing as of they had no troubles. Maybe one day I could escape this hell they call home and I can just be myself. Or I could...
~~~time skip to a year~~~
I kept planning every evening or when my parents went to bed so I can escape this hellhole. I tried thinking in every way possible if something could go wrong. I walked downstairs, I remember anyone who was here would have a great time here. Until my parents got in a fight. Every day and night they would argue "Why didn't you work today?!" arguing back and forth. I stopped daydreaming. The sun was starting to go down so I had to tell her already. I walked to do the kitchen, the stained floor with some sauce, vegetable pieces everywhere. Mom was cooking in the kitchen smelled good. Seeing the parent figure standing there was bringing some memories back. When she would help me cook, do homework, and much more.
"Uhh (N/N), you alright hon?" They asked in a worried tone
"Just thinking about some stuff" I answered back looking down at my shoes.
"I know everything isn't going our way, but just so you feel better about me and dad it will all be fine in the future."
Was I really gonna leave my parents? The ones who cared for me fed me and comforted me when I needed it. Yes, yes I was gonna do it, I don't feel safe anymore here. I'm scared something is gonna happen to me, I had to at least try. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow.
"Mom is it alright if I stay at a friend's house tomorrow?" I whispered yelled at her.
"For how long tho?
Crap! I didn't think of that!
"For at least the weekend" it was a Friday night anyways.
"That's fine with me just go make sure your dad is fine with it."
And there's another problem I forgot about, my dad didn't really like me going out a lot. He was overprotective, he wanted me to focus on grades to have a successful future.
"B-but mom-"
"Sweetie I do know he doesn't like you going out much. But you have to"
Sigh "I'll go talk to him"
Walking past these hallways felt like torture. I felt like my guilt and sins crawling all over my back. I heard something whispering to me, it sounded nothing like any of my friends and family.
"Are you really gonna do this?!"
"Leaving your family and friends? Pssh, imagine."
Everything was going dark, surrounded by this dark void. Something pushed me and I was gonna fall. Until I was standing by a door. My father's door, Sigh, you can do this. Keyboard sounds were going on while some classical music was playing, he usually does this. He stops for a minute, turns around. His dark circles around his eyes, tired, annoyed. It looked like he hasn't slept for around 100 years. He stopped and smiled at me.
"Y/N, it's been a while since you have visited me? Well, would you look at that? You haven't changed since you were small!"
"Dad we have been in the same house for years now." I felt like wanting to curse at him for that. Ah, dads, always doing jokes.
"Something you needed to talk about?
Oh right
"I was wondering if I could hang out with my friend"
The room felt like the color had drained. My dad looked like he wanted to snap.
"no."
"B-but dad!"
"No, and it's my final answer"
...thoughts started raising my head. I began to cry.
"Sweetie don't cry, it is just-"
"JUST WHAT?! YOU NEVER LET ME GO TO ANY PARTIES OR HAVE MY OWN! YOU ALWAYS SAY THAT!" I was pissed at him. I felt like sobbing. My dad looked at me, he stopped for a moment. Then he looked angry.
"DO NOT RAISE YOUR VOICE AT ME. GO TO YOUR ROOM NOW!"
"I WISH YOU WERE NEVER MY DAD"
I slammed the door and ran to my room, crying my eyes out. I heard the door open
"What do you want."
"I'm sorry about all of this. I just want you to be safe from the world"
"Dad you can't always protect me from this chaos. Can you just leave me alone"
He left the room the door closed. Just silence, the way I like it. Peeking outside the window. The sky is dark, no one was outside. Just the moon outside. Do I wanna escape tonight? I kept thinking myself. My parents had a ladder in case of a fire, but it would've made extra noise. So the front door would be okay. There was a click in the living room, guess mom is going to bed already. I grabbed my bag, it had 5 water bottles, some sandwiches, and some other snacks. I quietly sneaked out of my room and tiptoed to the living room. It was time, I was finally gonna escape from this house of horrors. No more fighting, no more arguing. It just myself and I vs the world. I opened the door quietly as a mouse can be. Shutting the door quietly. I started to slowly jog trying not to wake up anyone up. I ran to hide in this so-called Evil Forest. I didn't believe people have gone missing once they step foot in this "Evil Forest". Other people have said that the forest was infinite or said that the forest would make you insane. I don't believe any of that. Well, there's no turning back now. I stepped into the forest and decide to find a place to camp. Could I hide in the trees, nope I'm not athletic. Behind that rock could be it, but I could manage to see some of the lights from the neighborhood. So I had to walk more miles. Pfft if I had an apple watch then I could've finished my goal. I started to daydream about my life now, all happy and dandy, no work to do, just me time. I bumped into a tree.
"Ow! Stupid tree" I hope no one heard me. Not seconds later a bush was rattling. Did they somehow find me?? I was backing up getting ready to run for it. Turns out it was an animal
"Wow Y/N you're so dumb" minutes later I felt tired, I could've checked my phone but I need to save up the battery. I kept walking around on the energy I had left so I just went over to a tree to rest. I put my stuff down next to me and just slept, but I had this feeling someone was looking at me, probably my imagination. So now I'll just go to bed
~~~2-3 hours later~~~
~~~??? POV~~~
Phew! Just a couple of more miles to get to Goiky! I've been walking all night to go back home. Turns out Yoyle Land isn't a good place to live since there are just yoyle berries and nothing else. While walking around I started going hungry. Dammit Leafy, why didn't you bring some yoyle berries! Sigh, it felt weird walking around back home again. No one liked me anymore since BFDI. I didn't mean to steal dream island. I was just mad. I just. GAH!! Calm down leafy, you're talking to yourself again. Walking around in these forests reminded me of walking around firey. Oh, how I miss our friendship. My heart broke when he "forgot" about me.
~~~timeskip to 30 minutes~~~
I kept walking around thinking about yoyle land. Why cant anyone forgive me from bfdi. The words why kept repeating in my head. I stopped since I heard whispering. No way someone is in this forest without evil leafy being there. I grabbed my stick as my weapon. I'm not really a big fan of punching, since I am nice enough to give people second chances. Leafy if you wanna move on from the incident then you should stop talking about it. I tried hearing the mumbling again so I can track it down.
"Whos there?! Who are you!" I was starting to be terrified.
"What do you want from me!" I kept walking around. Was someone gonna kill me? Hurt me? I heard the mumbling again. So I followed it as quietly as I could. I saw this person resting, she looked so peaceful as if nothing hurt them. I stepped closer. I was gonna wake them up. But I stepped in a twig, I stopped at looked at them to see if they were awake, turns out it wasn't as loud as I thought it would be. I tapped on their shoulder
"H-hello? Who are you" they still weren't awake. I didn't wanna be rude so I let them sleep. I sat down by a nearby tree, trying my best not to fall asleep. You can do it leafy. You've done this before, you walked to yoyle land on foot while staying awake.
~~~5-minute Timeskip~~
It's been five minutes, but it felt like 5 years. Sigh. 6 more hours to go for the sunrise, yay... might as well sleep for some energy. I started to daydream not realizing I was gonna sleep at any moment. Why not tho, I deserve it for walking so much. Then I started to doze off. Finally getting some sleep after hours.
~~~between 5-7 hours later~~~
I woke up to birds singing their hearts out. Good morning evil forest-
!
It was the same person standing there in front of me scared, confused staring at me.
"Who are you?!" they looked at me pissed.
"Answer me!" they demanded
"Don't hurt me, please. I mean no harm!"
"...What are you?" they questioned
"I'm leafy, I came from yoyle land. The other side of the forest." they looked confused and in disbelief.
"I don't believe you. This forest is infinite."
"Not really, there's a place I'm going which is uhh couple of 200-300 miles from here." They must've walked for a while.
"So what's your name and where did you come from," I asked
"Hmm from this place called TreeLast. My name Y/N, but some of my friends call me N/N."
"We can be friends. I know a way out of this forest." I think I just put them on the spot for this. Cause they seemed like they were thinking.
"I have barely met you, but fine you will help me since I don't know my way here."
"Thank you! thank you! I promise not to tell you down" as I said that they lightly smiled at me. It seemed like they wanted to hug me, but didn't.
"So why are you in this forest," I asked them
"Id tell you when I'm ready. So what about you"
"No one really likes me a lot anymore. We had a competition for an island paradise. My friend won fair and square, but what I did ruin my reputation and my friendship with someone. I never really meant to do it. I ruined every friendship I had just cause I was just so selfish. It's all my fault" I felt like sobbing right in front of them. I was tearing up a bit.
"Hey, hey don't cry. It was just a simple mistake. Everyone makes bad decisions when they are mad." they're right. I just wish everyone else would forgive me.
"Thank you."
"Huh?"
"You actually the first person who didn't turn their back on me." they smiled at me. I think this might be a new start. And forgetting my past.
~~~10 minutes later~~~
"I think it's best if we rest now."
"Right," as we sat down my stomach grumbled. Y/N looked at me
"Hungry huh? Well so am I. So I have some sandwiches and some snacks. Which one would you like"
"It takes a sandwich please." they gave me a sandwich. Pretty good not gonna lie. Not my favorite sandwich but eh, still good. While waiting for Y/N to finish their sandwich. I kept thinking about going back to Goiky. I was gonna be so happy back at home. I was gonna bring Y/N along if they wanted to.
"Y/N I have a question."
"What is it leafy?"
"Will you stay in Goiky with me?" They stop and look at me.
"Please, come with me, you can start a new life. You can feel safe there."
"I'm not sure about it leafy."
"Where would you go then?" I felt like I was sounding obsessive
"Fine, I guess I will stay with you. I don't have anywhere else to go. And you are my friend." Did they just call me their friend? I felt so happy. Happiness tears starting coming out of my eyes
"Are you alright?! Don't cry!"
"They're not sad tears! I'm so happy you called me your friend. Thank you! Thank you!" I was hugging them. I didn't wanna let go. But I thought that Y/N would be uncomfortable so I let go.
"Sorry about that. I just got so excited. Thank you again" We decided it's best to keep walking again before the night falls. While walking I couldn't stop smiling, I was so happy to have someone by my side. I feel bad for Y/N, having the guts to leave her home. Something must've happened bad enough for them to leave.
~~~one hour of walking~~~
"I know we are almost there Y/N! We just need to pass the edge of that cliff!" I said all of this while looking at Y/N. Not realized after I ran away from everyone else that the cliff fell apart.
"Uhm leafy?" They asked in a worried tone"
"Whats up Y/N?"
"There's a gap between the cliff and the other side"
"What?!" Oh god, oh god. GAHHH LEAFY! WHY ARE YOU DUMB!
"Leafy? Aren't you a leaf?"
"Uhh yes, I am." where are they going with?
!
I have an idea!
"Y/N you can grab on to me and I glide to the other side!" I told them in a confident voice.
"Great Idea leafy!" they replied
Before I was about to leap, I asked them if they were ready.
"On the count of three.
One...
Two...
Three!"
I was holding Y/N's hand as we were running I was getting ready to leap.
Go! I leaped along with Y/N. I had my eyes closed. Slowly opening them. We were actually gliding through the air.
"WE DID IT Y/N!"
"YEAH!"
I can't believe this. I was so happy. I'm finally going home.
After we got on land again we were celebrating. We were hugging each other. Crying tears of joy.
"We did it leafy! We actually did it!"
"Yeah!"
We didn't realize the sun was about to set.
"We should probably get going. We are so close to Goiky."
"Right."
We were walking another extra ten minutes there. It was quiet. None of us wanted to break the silence. I was kinda out of breath anyway.
~~~minutes before getting to Goiky~~~
"I know you will love Goiky. It's such a beautiful place! The grass is pretty, the trees look amazing!"
I was telling Y/N about Goiky. I'm sure they will love it.
~~~Y/N POV~~~
While walking in the forest I was kinda scared. First impressions are everything Y/N. Hours ago I thought I was going insane. A talking leaf?? I didn't know those exist. Are there other people who are like leafy? Like just imagine a talking pencil. A talking pencil whose best friends with a match.
While leafy was talking to me I started to daydream more. I didn't even realize leafy stopped talking. Still walking in the distance we saw the sun again. Ah the beautiful sun rays felt great. I didn't expect to miss the sun again. Suddenly something stopped leafy. She had a worried and scared expression.
"AND WHO ARE YOU?"
(Bro 2744 words in this fanfic Please expect slow updates from this since it is my private account and I barely check up on here.)