Morning Meetings

Chapter 3

Juvia shifts uncomfortably as she stood outside the meeting room doors. The wood panel stared back her and seems to taunt her. Who does she think she is? Waltzing into a room filled with the head Demon Lords and Dragon lords. People who sought after her home and laid waste to it without a second thought.

She releases the air she has been holding in and releases a sigh. She rests a slender hand on the door handle and pushes it, the doors swing open and what a sight it was indeed.

Earlier that morning....

The men and woman sat quietly within the room. It was about the size of a master bedroom, at the center of the room was a large round meeting table. Several large books shelves lined the walls of the room. Piles of books at each corner as well, it wasn't the tidiest room within the castle, but it was the most important. Most important decisions were made within this room.  Lyon sat the head of the table as it should be. Natsu to his right, Erza to his left, Sting, Rouge and Gajeel respectively going around the table and an empty chair at the other end of the table. The wall clock ticked on, as their silence deafens the room. There was a depressive aura on either side of Lyon. He regrets taking this seat again. Originally this would've been Erza seat and on either side of her would be Natsu and Grey. She was the lead battle strategist after all. Though they rarely had war meetings, it was normally a festive affair having Erza keep Natsu and Gray at bay. Lyon normally looked on and thought that the two of them were more brothers than he and Gray were but oh did Gray relish in dragging him into their squabbles.

The memory of their many fights causes Natsu to laugh outwardly.

Sting raises his eyebrow "And what's so funny"

"Jeez Sting can't a guy laugh in peace anymore" Gajeel spoke up "Do we really want to know what's happening in that messed up head of his?"

"And what's that pose' to mean?" Natsu threatens shooting a menacing glance towards the General.

"I'm just saying...the last time I saw you trying to use a stick on Metalicana's-"

A ball of fire flashes pass the side of Gajeel's head

" Dumbass you could've hurt somebody" Erza says smacking Natsu upside the head

Gajeel raises his nose in the air, he sniffs, a burned smell was coming from him. Gajeel sits with his face hanging low, his hair sizzling from the almost direct impact, his aura grew dark, darker, darker.

"Oh boy" Rouge says, pushing back his chair to the farthest corner of the room

Sting rises from his chair and leans up beside the meeting room door, questioning himself as to why he bothered to ask the question that started it all.

Lyon pushes up abruptly " Gajeel don't you dare" he warns

But he was too late Gajeel had already extending his hand, transforming it into a lance, hitting Natsu straight in his face. However, Natsu was quick enough, using his hands to lessen the impact he is pushed out of his chair and sent flying, he stands up quickly, steam emanating from his body.

"Alright, let's go then!" Natsu charges 

"Quit it" Erza say softly 

Blast after blast, the room erupts into flames and metal spikes. Lyon tries to cool anything that was burning, everyone else tried to stay out of the menacing Dragon lord's way. Gajeel headbutts Natsu who  falls to the ground hollering in pain. 

"Quit it" She says again

Gajeel laughs manically 

"You fucking hard head!" Natsu shouts, hurling several more insults at Gajeel