Questions

Chapter 9

It's been weeks since Juvia has last seen or heard from Gray. She wasn't allowed to leave her new room and was being fed through her door by Sherria. It didn't take her long to realize that she is staying in Ultear's room. She always found it strange that Gray and Ultear didn't share a room, they were married after all. Most married couples in Atlantis shared a room, including her parents, she thought maybe it was just a demon thing.

Juvia sits on the bed staring blankly at the door's wooden frame, she hasn't been getting much sleep since Gray had marked her. By the height of the sun it would soon be time for her breakfast and Sherria should be on her way to deliver it. Gray has ordered that she wasn't allowed to speak to her or anyone for that matter. Juvia hates it, she misses her friends in the servant's house, she misses Lucy and even the ones that hated her for being so close to their king, she even missed Porlyusica's constant nagging. 

She giggles at the thought, there is a knock on the door, Juvia hops up and rushes towards it hoping to catch Sherria off-guard. She stretches out her hand, gripping the door handle tightly before swinging it open.

Her smile quickly falls and she takes a step back.

"What no hug?" He jokes

Juvia steps back again looking up at the Demon King with uncertainty. In his hand he holds a tray with her breakfast and on his face a sly smirk.

"W-What do you want?" She stammers keeping a clear distance between them

He sets the tray down on the table, "I'll be the one asking the questions here mermaid" He advances upon her.

Juvia edges back and whimpers as her back hits the side of the bed, Gray towers over her mischief evident in his eyes.

"I-I don't know anything Gray" She says averting her eyes 

"That's hard to believe since you basically led me to them" 

Juvia looks up in confusion before pushing pass him and stepping away "I didn't lead you anywhere, you came after me"

Gray chuckles, fair enough.

"And I didn't know that they were there" They stare at each other in silence, Gray folds his arms and sits on the bed.

"Where did you go?" He asks 

"I fell into the ocean" She drops her gaze 

"You survived in the ocean by yourself for a whole year" He scoffs

"I grew up there, why wouldn't I-"

"You grew up within the confines of your palace"

"I-"

"Meet any new friends at your quiet get away at the bottom of the ocean?" She feels his stern gaze on her, she knew the moment she met those menacing bright red eyes would mean the end for her.

"N-No"

"I don't believe you"

She looks ups, a mistake indeed. He now stands before her, glaring down at her, she goes to step away but he grabs her hand.

"Should I get out the stones?" He asks a smirk plastered on his face.

Juvia tenses up, her body trembles, "Please, don't...please"

Fear consumes her as the memory of her torture returns, her big blue eyes well up, she starts to hyperventilate. 

His expression softens, maybe that was a bit harsh, a small bit of regret lingers within his eyes but he quickly covers it. He releases his grip on her wrist, Juvia hugs her hands to her body. The experience had really taken a toll on her mentally, she caved almost immediately, telling him everything she knew, she was embarrassed, to her she had disgraced the Locksar name.