To Be A King

Chapter 8

"Let me go Gray!"

"No" He replies simply as he continues to pull Juvia back towards the castle.

"You're making a big mistake" She warns 

Gray says nothing and continues forward, the castle was now in sight, Juvia tries shaking him off but he holds her firmly. 

She sighs "And here I thought you changed from before"

He stops abruptly and faces her "What about before?"

'What does he mean what about before?' So many things happened before his curse had rendered him a vegetable, he seemed like a whole new person, though it was sudden, confusing and unexpected, that sweet, caring person was much better than the domineering demon that stood before her.

"No-Nothing" She stammers looking at anything but the shirtless Demon King before her.

Gray searches her face for a moment but then turns away. Lyon greets them as they enter through the gates.

"Juvia I -" He calls out 

"You have no authority over my servants Lyon don't you dare forget that!" 

Lyon meets his brother's piercing gaze then lowers his head in submission. It was foolish of him to even think he could've made this deal without any repercussions. Gray walks pass his brother pulling Juvia along, she tries to reach out to Lyon but he doesn't look up. Gray gave Lyon a fair warning and this hadn't been the first time either, he would have to face punishment eventually.

Gray carries Juvia to a room just down the hall from his and throws her inside.

"Gray...your majesty...please"

He slams the door in her face.

She rushes towards the door. It was locked. 

"Gray!' She screams "Let me out!" She pounds against the door begging him to left her go.

She searches the room for something, anything to help her break out, she goes over to the balcony and tries the doors, even slamming herself against it but it wouldn't budge. She slides down the door with her head in her hands, not again.

Filled with despair she curses him for being so stubborn and obnoxious. She sighs leaning her head against the bed board, she looks up a little and sees something poking out at her teasingly from under the mattress. She pulls it out, it was a gold picture frame with carvings going around the sides. A woman with short, dark purple hair wearing an elegant off-shoulder black dress with a gold belt around her waist sat in an equally black throne. In her lap a small girl, almost a twin of her mother, also in a black frill dress. The woman's smile was as elegant as her presence, the little girl's was bright and happy. The woman seemed so familiar and yet so different, Juvia couldn't quite put her finger on it. She flips the picture frame, in gold ink no less, neatly carved in cursive on the right end of it.

~Lady Ul and Lady Ultear~

 *

The next morning Gray finds himself being treated by Porlyusica due to Lyon's constant worrying.

"How are you feeling?" Lyon asks as Porlyusica rubs the white cream along his scar.

"Fine" He shrugs rolling back his shoulders , he'd been sitting like this for thirty minutes and he was just about uncomfortable.

"You've been through quite a bit your majesty" Porlyusica rubs the ointment along the scar the ran down from behind his ear , under his chin and ended just below his navel.