Deals with Demons & Dragons

Chapter 10

"So did you meet the wise sea turtle before or after you fought the giant squid?"  He raises an eyebrow a small smile on his lips

"After, and boooy was he a tough one" Juvia smirks

Gray scoffs and stands "Since this week of questioning is going no where again, I guess you don't want to see life outside for the rest of your life"

"Wait no no!"

Gray waits patiently for a response.

"I-I want something in return" She says standing firmly

"Don't we all" he chuckles

"I want to speak to Dragon Lord Natsu" she declares

Gray freezes for a second " And what do I get in return?"

"I went home...to Atlantis"

Gray stiffens "Now why would you do that"

Juvia's expression softens "You're right, I really didn't know much of what was outside Atlantis' walls"

Gray doesn't press her "Why do you want to speak to Natsu?"

She avoids his gaze "Just business is all"

Gray chuckles to himself " Fine, fine, but now we're getting somewhere" He says taking his leave.

"When?" She asks pacing after him.

"I'll send for you" was the last thing he said before closing and locking the door behind him.

Later that afternoon there is a soft knock on the door, it opens wide and Juvia couldn't help but smile happily.

"Sherria!" She exclaims pulling the pink haired teen into a warm hug.

Sherria hugs her back and smiles sweetly "We don't have much time. He's timing us."

Juvia pulls back "He knows you're here?"

Sherria shrugs "The king knows everything...especially now when he's suspecting everyone"

Her expression tells Juvia that what ever was happening within the castle was more serious that she had assumed. Gray had been coming to her room questioning her daily. He was convinced that someone within his camp had direct links to the rebellion and would find a way to get to her and use their curse against him.

Sherria shoves a bunch of clothes at Juvia and tells her to get change. 

"Do I really have to?" She asks holding up the thin garment.

"You can't expect to be in the presence of royalty dressed like...that" She says with a grimace.

Juvia looks down at the oversize shirt she currently wore. Ultear's clothes were too revealing for her taste, but luckily enough she had found a large white shirt that fell just under her butt stuffed away in the back of her closet. Much to her dismay however, as the demon king had a habit of using his ever prying eyes to see further than they should.

"I guess not" Juvia laughs, she takes the clothes and goes to the adjoining bathroom to get ready.

Juvia exits the bathroom minutes later tugging at the short plaited skirt "Sherria I don't know if I'm wearing this right"

The white, heart shaped dress with blue designs running down the side hugged closely to her body, outlining her small waist , it came with a short, white, three layer pleated skirt stopping just above her mid thigh.

Sherria squeals with excitement "This fits better than I expected"

She hands her two high knee white socks and white boots which Juvia, reluctantly, puts on.