The Return

Chapter 1

His hands grip the base of his pen with sure determination but with much content. He uses his free hand and reaches up to his soft silver beard. He never fancied beards, weirdly enough, he thinks he has developed a liking for them. 

"Eh Hem" she clears her throat

His dark eyes glance up to the small girl now standing before him. Her pink locks tickling the base of her neck, curling to touch the lining of her uniform. Sherria shifts uncomfortably under his highness' gaze. He had gotten much stricter the past couple of months, the throne certainly didn't suite him well. 

Lyon's eyes returned slowly back to the piece of parchment which sat before him staring blankly at the cursive hand writing that belongs to Porlyusica. Words jumbled in his mind, thoughts scattered across the open plains of his memories.

"Tell her I'll get back to her" he says finally with a sigh

Sherria's brows furred in frustration but refuses to say anything.

She bows and begins to leave. This was the third time she had brought the same parchment to him, the same words still lined the pages. Though she did not know what was written on it  she knew that it was something that would decide their fate.

Lyon releases the fine point pen from his grasps and slums back into his chair. He pinches the bridge of his nose and starts rubbing small circles on his forehead. It's been a year since Gray's capture and Juvia's disappearance. When the island's company realized what had taken place they made their return back to the mainland in haste. Only informing the Dragon lords of the incident. For the first few months they searched in quiet but in reality there is little to nothing you can keep from demon lords. Word spread like  wild fire, they had lost Gray yet again, what could they have done but quarrel in fear. 

Again Lyon was placed in the role he dreaded.

He pushes up from the office desk and draws towards the office window. His mind drifting back to the night when everything went to shit.

He needed something. A ray of hope.

His eyes land on the rising sun. It's yellow warmth covering everything before it.

Another duty called for his presence at the break of dawn as well. One duty he often met with distaste. Trials.

Sentencing people to imprisonment or most cases death. Demons weren't cruel soulless creatures all the time. They believed in the law and justice. Think about it, without giving persons a chance to defend themselves, innocent would be locked up for years.

"Yes I killed her" The man says in a deadpan tone

Lyon runs a hand down his tired face

"See, as easy as that " Natsu speaks up, Lyon looks up at his brother's best-friend. Natsu himself had grown a little stubble, his pink hair was much longer as well, yet, neatly well kept and that says a lot for the leader of the Dragon Clan. Rumors were spreading that a certain blonde kept him in line strangely, a young blonde rumored to b-

"However" The man speaks up loudly, a sly smirked plastered across his face "I ask for a pardon"

The court room erupted in laughter, an outlandish claim, however the man's smirk did not falter.

Lyon raises his hand to silence them. "What makes you believe that I would even consider thinking of granting you a pardon"

"I have information that would proven very valuable the prince regent" The man replies