Delight-filled Party

Chapter 13

Loud rattles and the overwhelming aroma of stuffed duck flows through the hallways of the palace. The continuous clatter of wooden mugs slamming together became so occurrent that Juvia gave up on finding the culprits.

"They're quite loud aren't they?" Lucy asks as her eyes went around the room in wonder.

"You don't say" Juvia mutters sheepishly.

A jolly tune begins and spreads across the Great Hall as the demons went on merrily.

Porlyusica out did herself this time. Large banners of red and gold fabric wraps around the four pillars within the room. A thick, dark brown rectangular hickory table rests before the thrones and additional seats for the Dragon Lord's family were placed there. Juvia was ordered by Porlyusica to sit in the queen's chair, much to her dislike.

Six wooden, rectangular tables are lined out in the the center of the room. Porlyusica refused to use her elegantly tailored fabric on the tables, she has little to no faith in demons caring for anything expensive.

"I don't get why she made me sit here" She blurts out, leaning closer to Lucy.

Lucy raises an eyebrow, "You don't?" Lucy looks down at her almost pup like, pleading eyes and shakes her head.

Just then, Lucy spots a bundle of pink locks bouncing towards them.

"Sherria!" She calls out to their friend. Sherria donned an adaption to their regular maid uniform that instead represents the Dragon Clan's colors.

Gray was always the type to go full out for his comrades. No matter how much they annoyed him. And seeing as Natsu was the first of them to have a baby on the way, he would go to great lengths to make him comfortable.

"Woah you two look amazing!" Sherria exclaims as she arrives at the table.

Juvia looks down at her deep cut 'V' neck, dark blue evening gown, that has small diamonds running down the neck line, with an equally exposed back. A long slit runs from her hip that exposes her toned legs. She pulls over the fabric in an attempt to cover her leg but fails in the process. She curses Porlyusica for demanding that she wears this revealing piece of fabric.

Lucy wears a red, heart shaped drop shoulder dress that puffed out at the waist. Gold sleeves wrapped loosely around her arm and simple flats for her ankles.

They nod together in approval before laughing to themselves. Sherria pours Juvia some ale from the heavy jug she was carrying.

"Demons seem to party hard, don't they?" Juvia says while taking a sip of her drink.

Lucy and Sherria share a knowing look before giggling to each other. Juvia playfully rolls her eyes at them and returns to sipping her drink. Though it was alcohol, it's light against her throat and chest. It tastes almost like grape juice with a hint of other berries. Juvia downs the cup, emptying it's contents.

"Sherria. Another one" she demanded with a wide smile, "This is absolutely amazing!"

"It's Berries Delight . A little concoction that the girls and I came up with for the women of the court. I knew you'd love it" Sherria chirps merrily.

Lucy sighs "At least you can enjoy it."

Juvia laughs and pulls her into a big hug, "And here I thought I'd be the first to get knocked up" she jokes.

"Your time will come, just watch" Lucy gives Juvia a playful death glare before turning her attention to something at the door.

The demons rise in celebration. Applause and congratulations ring through the hall as Natsu enters the Great Hall with the Demon King close behind. Juvia couldn't help but remember what happened that morning.