31

In the morning, Skeppy awakens to Sapnap's leg slung over his knees, the other's arm wrapped firmly around his midsection.

Try as he might, he couldn't wiggle out of the warrior's grasp, and so he docilely settles down, allowing Sapnap to nuzzle against him as he murmurs incoherent words under his breath.
It's endearing despite how quickly Skeppy finds himself overheated and somewhat stiff from the position his arms and legs are trapped in. The slight smile on his friend's face as he hums and whispers more than enough compensation for the twinges that begin to plague his limbs.

A knock on the door gently draws Skeppy's attention away from his sleeping friend, and he glances up to see Tubbo peering in, a tray in his hands with two plates and cups carefully perched atop it.

"Oh, good," the boy says in clear relief, "You're awake. Here, Eret made everyone breakfast and told me to bring yours up!" Skeppy presses his (barely) free hand to his lips, shushing Tubbo as he nods and gestures to the nightstand.

"I don't want to wake him up," he quietly laughs, "He looks so happy." Tubbo's expression softens as he sees Sapnap's innocent, carefree smile and how he's snuggled up to Skeppy. He places the tray down, and the scent of the food on it makes Skeppy's stomach grumble despite his desire to not wake his friend.

He wonders if Sapnap is dreaming of his soulmate again, and resolves to ask when the other wakes up.

He closes his eyes, leaning into the pillow and allowing himself to drift into a daze, awaiting Sapnap's awakening.

* * *

Tubbo scampers out, down to where Tommy is making eager conversation with Fundy. Eret has left to attend his duties as the leader of his organization, leaving the group to their own devices (foolishly, Tubbo had thought when he realized he and Tommy woke long before any of the adults. Leaving the duo to attend themselves was a recipe for disaster in his experience.)

He did have to wonder if his uncomfortable feeling upon waking was due to Tommy practically crushing him or from Philza possibly attempting to send a message. It's not like he could particularly differentiate at this point; Phil hadn't managed to teach him dream-based magic before they were separated. Not to mention Tubbo was sure that Philza had more connection to death element magic.

He joins the cheerful chatter, enjoying his food as Fundy ravenously consumed a plate of his own; the shifter seems relieved to be able to eat human food once more without any ill result.

"I tried to eat some jerky once," he had told them, "My whole mouth was stinging for hours and I swallowed the piece practically whole. Foxes are not good at chewing hard foods apparently."

Despite the initial suspicion, Fundy still seems to be the same cheerful person that the fox had implied, playful and mischievous, enjoying a good prank now and then. He doesn't seem to harbor any ill will towards Quackity either, and Tubbo had felt surprised learning that; and relieved that he didn't have a Name to be exploited. He can imagine the disaster that would result in easily.

* * *

Skeppy doesn't know when he fell back asleep, but he's aware he's asleep when he smells the regretfully familiar scent of brimstone, ash, and what he can only assume is the scent left by previous prisoners.

He can see a piglin dart into the cell where Bad is being held now, and feed the captive healer a small meal, bit by bit, and then helping him drink a bottle of water. Skeppy would like to ignore the rest of the situation, how humiliating it must be for Bad, but he can't help the flash of white-hot rage that burns through him when he registers it.

When the guard is gone, though...

Bad waits, as though patiently anticipating his next torture session, and small sparks of light travel over his body, sealing shut scrapes and burns and cuts. It cements the fact that he's definitely a mage.

Skeppy noticed somewhat in his mind that the other's arm was no longer broken, but now that fact surfaces more distinctly as he gets closer, brushing his fingers over the unbroken skin, the only sign of anything ever having happened to it being a small scar.
Just like the one that had been left after George cut him that time, Skeppy realizes, noticing Bad cringe slightly, looking up in bewilderment.