8

Skeppy's voice trails into giggles and he punches Sapnap's arm as they sit on the back of the wagon.

"Those aren't the lyrics, stupid! You know them by now!" Skeppy's playful exasperation is ignored by Sapnap as he chuckles, leaning on his friend.
He retorts with a grin,

"Yeah, but they're funny, aren't they?"

Skeppy concedes with a chuckle,

"Yeah, but only a little! Come on, let's try again!"
He begins to tap out a beat on the wood, and starts to sing, nodding for Sapnap to join.

"Somewhere in the mountains, over earth, through sky..."

"...burning breath, fiery eyes, scales and spines, a masterful guise..."

"Sing me the song, the song of the dragonkeeper, dragonslayer, allow the dusk to settle..."

They continue for the rest of the verse, trading lines as they bounce over rocks in the road. It's been a day or two since they joined the caravan and Skeppy can't say he regrets the choice. He and Sapnap banter playfully throughout the day, and at night he's woken up multiple times to Sapnap snuggled against him. The raven-haired man denies it, but Tommy and Tubbo both confirmed that he's quite clingy in his sleep, both having stories of having woken up to him hugging them as though he's in the middle of a nightmare.

Actually...
Skeppy snaps a dry blade of grass between his fingers as they finish the verse, looking at Sapnap's bright gaze.

He was younger than Skeppy had thought, only nineteen (though he insistently attested that his birthday was arriving in the spring, that he was turning twenty) as opposed to Skeppy himself approaching twenty-one years.

"You did it! And without calling the hero a fruit loop this time," he cheers, slapping Sapnap on the back, causing the other to cough slightly.

"Whoa, whoa, chill, no need to knock me off the wagon you mongrel," he chuckles, and leans forward to watch the edge of the road.

Despite the initial feeling of betrayal Skeppy had felt learning about Sapnap keeping the boys a secret from him, he understands now. It could've been far worse, he supposes; Tubbo and Tommy are very nice in their own ways, and he finds himself butting heads with the stubborn blond over various topics, for fun or in seriousness, in a way that he often did with his friends.
They're both, sadly, mature beyond their age, having been driven from their home by someone they once called a friend.

Tubbo pokes his head out between them, beaming,

"Guys! Come look, Tommy caught a bee in a jar!!"

Skeppy shifts back into the wagon, eagerly crawling back to see the captive insect.
Tubbo holds up the jar in awe, looking at the fuzzy little bee inside it. It seems content, nesting on a clover trapped in with it. Tommy looks proud of himself,

"It came right after the clover, ye see," he explains, seemingly delighted to explain his machinations, "And then BAM! I slammed the lid on!"

"Oh, I hope that didn't scare it," Tubbo says in dismay, and taps lightly on the side of the jar. "Ello lil guy..."
The bee buzzes a bit, and Tubbo laughs quietly, grinning widely. Skeppy can see Tommy's face brightening at Tubbo's happiness, and he can't blame him; Tubbo has an infectious smile, and clearly Tommy cares a lot about him.

"Are you going to let it go later though?" Sapnap asks, and Tubbo nods.

"It can't survive in there after all," he says, "and it would be awful mean to just leave it there to die."
They spend a little while longer giggling over the bee, and then Tubbo gently reaches into the jar, coaxing the bee onto his finger, and let it fly away out of the wagon.

Sapnap tugs on Skeppy's sleeve, and asks curiously,

"Hey, have you noticed the moon?" Skeppy blinks a few times, and shakes his head.