✨🎶TRACK 01A🎶✨

Reddish heavy droplets cascaded down the golden tower, painting it with ugly blood tears

Reddish heavy droplets cascaded down the golden tower, painting it with ugly blood tears. The usual golden skies were now in grey, the ugliest colour any angels or guardians would want to witness. Heads bowed down as Males, the angel of the Dead lowered the casket into the glittering waters which happily consumed it like a hungry whale. Soft instrumental music began to fill the air, adding pain and grief to everyone's heart. Their heads bowed low, hands crossed in front of their chest and they knelt down, setting the glowing flowers into the water to send the spirit off. Different flowers drifted on the liquid, marking another unforgettable memory in Halion ever since the cold war.

Lithius stared from afar. His usual glowing purple eyes faded into the dark, leaving him sitting atop the tree like an empty overpriced seashell decor. Rainwater soaked his light purple hair, pressing his already tight robe closer to his muscular chest. His slender fingers trailed gently across the purple chrysanthemum and lighted it up with his core magic before setting it off to the spirit. His wings soaked wet and weigh heavier under the rain, but nothing could measure the intense burden drifting through his soul. Picking up the bottle of wine, Lithius gulped it down his throat to drown his sorrows, hoping everything had just been a dream.

"Wine do not drown pain and grief, brother. It torments the heart and your soul, setting you off into a different tunnel," said Uriel, brushing the excessive rainwater on his glorious golden wings. "How can one be happy when the other is suffering here? The best you could do to ease the pain is to move on because the spirits can feel your sadness. They weep with you even when you do not know it."

The elder chuckled, settling his bottle of wine carefully to the side. He shut his eyes, letting the droplets to wash his tears away while he recalled the infinite memories rushing through his mind. His lips curved upwards, fingers tightened on the branch of the tree and set his right leg atop the other. The branch creaked the second Uriel sat himself down next to him. Lithius sighed, enjoying the silence of their company as he pondered onto Uriel's wise words. He wondered how easy life would be if he possessed lesser feelings and attachment like Uriel. Turning to face his youngest sibling, he patted onto those slender thighs.

"You always have wise words at the tip of your tongue, little one," said Lithius, the pink on his cheeks exposed his tolerance for alcoholic beverages. "We are nothing, but like the mortals. Life is a cycle. This life I am living is just one of my many lives. I'm an angel now, but I was a human before. It's hard to banish those feelings especially when a love so divine has ended. This is not what's promised."

"Who said that this love has ended?" Uriel questioned, plucking the wine bottle out of his brother's palms. "Cyril's body might have passed the Fame of Roulette, but her soul is ever-living. All you have to do is just keep looking. Souls don't vanish, just like yours and mine. I prefer to use the idea of them moving on to a world better than Halion. A world without too much responsibility to bear. You and I both know Cyril was torn to make the choice. If she does not head out for battle, they will send her brother, Adriel and Adriel is not a fighter. He will die with his soul perish alongside him."

Lithius arched his eyebrows at Uriel's words. In his mind filled with grief, Lithius caught something different about the youngest. His words were blunt without thoughts, yet as real as the skin being slit through mercilessly with a sharpened blade. Flapping his wet wings to dry off some of the excesses, he turned to face his brother. Fingers gently pressed across those unnatural pale cheeks, brushing away the red raindrops that do not belong there. He gazed deep into those golden eyes that mirrored his silky hair which clamped tight onto his temple. A strong breeze of air slapped past his cheeks, reminding him of Cyril's last words.

Love has a very vast meaning. It lives within a person's soul and the soul knows how to choose. When you make another choice one day, promise me you will spare all your love to them just like how you did with me. You have a long journey ahead of you.

Piecing the words together with what Uriel had told him, Lithius gasped, realizing how it would be his youngest brother choosing ceremony in a few days. His fingers trembled and lips quivered as he stared aimlessly at his beloved little brother. The one who kept most of his secrets and cared for him more than anyone in his family does. He retracted his hands, dug them in between the hem of his clothing. Looking out, he saw Males sealing the sea down when the ceremony ended. The sound of the horn echoed through Halion, reminding every creature in the kingdom that a brave fighter has passed.

"You made your choice, didn't you?" Lithius muttered softly, staring into the burning flowers below them. "Just like how Cyril made hers. Why do the best people have to leave?"

"I did," said Uriel softly. "I am not staying side by side with Carson among the guardians of the Sun. I decided to find my contentment among the souls. Besides, Males had already made his choice. Soon, he will be my Master and I will be bounded to the place just as he did. I might be away from you, Lithius, but my love for you, big brother is always there and it's both eternal and infinite. If you need me, I am always going to be there for you. No matter what consequences."

"But, it hurts, seeing how people who genuinely care for me becoming distant," admitted the elder, brushing the leaves above him. "I can't imagine a world without you and Cyril. I know you are still here, but everyone knows that becoming the guardian of the Dead means leaving most of your humanity behind. As time pass, you will lose all feelings except for the need to judge the right and wrong. You will be like a walking corpse. Empty organs with skeletons. The thought of it is already dreadful."

"Every guardian has a written novel, Lithius and recently, I read yours. Cyril's passing is just your beginning. You have a long duty ahead of you. If I am not wrong, you have not taken up your recent trial from the angel of the Planets. Am I right?" Uriel questioned, flying off the branch and floated in front of his elder brother. "Males is calling for me, brother, but if you are doubting your choices on the trial, I suggest you take it up. It could drown your sorrows for some time."

"But,"

"The pain and sorrow you have now are not eternal. The love you can give is vast. This is just a part of your journey. In time, you will find yourself whole again. Until next time, brother." 

TRACK 01A: 1230 words