The Onset of The Tempest

(About a couple of months ago)
March 15th, 1873
London, England

The Moriarty Townhouse

William's eyes were fixated on the newspaper. He has been reading a particular article over and over again since the last ten minutes. He looked up only after his nose perceived the aroma of a special Darjeeling blend that his brother was brewing on the table.

"Is there anything of interest in the paper today?" Louis asked as he handed him the cup.

"Hmm, it would seem so" William said as he  accepted it. He liked his tea hot. Very hot , with a negligible amount of sugar (which he in a parallel description, liked to call as an ocean with only one teaspoon of salt). And Louis was the only one who could make it perfectly, regardless of the blend.

He took a sip and let out a satisfied sigh . 

" Do you like it ? This Darjeeling brew is specially selected and imported from India. It was sent as a gift by the Viscount of Chesireton. You went there last month to teach at the local public boys' school.

"Ah, Chesireton. A lively old place, wasn't it?"

As the two brothers conversed, the door  opened, and in walked Albert, freshly back from business.

After everyone had settled down, William cleared his throat. " So, Albert , what do you know?", he said as he spread the newspaper out on the table.

At that moment, the door opened again and this time, there were two men who entered. One was tall, broad, rough looking man , wearing an old vest and a pair of faded old trousers. Colonel Sebastian Moran. 

The other one was a petite youth, named Fred Porlock

The other one was a petite youth, named Fred Porlock. He works as a substitute actor in theatres when he is not working for the Moriartys and is extremely adept at martial arts and disguising himself.

 He works as a substitute actor in theatres when he is not working for the Moriartys and is extremely adept at martial arts and disguising himself

"Ahoy! How's everybody? Ah, this morning was really tiresome. Yo, Liam do you even know how hard it is to work for you?", the Colonel said.

Before anyone could reply, Louis retorted, "Wait a minute.Are you telling me that you ALL have been planning things RIGHT UNDER MY NOSE, without bothering to tell me a single thing?!" . He was offended,and rightfully so because the last time he had fully participated in any of their exploits was several months ago , to kidnap some boisterous old cranky noble who passed out as soon as Louis held a knife to his throat and even managed to wet his pants while being unconscious. So disgustingly outrageous! That spoilsport was not even worth killing.