The First Encounter

The interior of the ship was very spartan in appearance. The stateroom archways sported venesta panels and pilasters. The top of the walls had descriptively detailed ornamented bands supported by gilt brackets, covering the ventilation ducts. Even the corridors had intricate panelling made exclusively from mahagony and satinwood. The walls were adorned by expensive artwork. The carpet that seemed to run across every part of the ship accessible to a passenger could become a prized possession of a museum. 

The cruise was a floating artifact, carrying unfathomable amount of wealth across the Atlantic.

And a fantastic stage.

"Atleast that's what I think."

"Do you now ,Mr...?", said William.

April 15, 1873

The Noahtic

* About an hour after the Noahtic's departure from Southampton*

" Gentlemen welcome aboard"

A pristinely dressed and an insanely hansome ,young man said. It was Lord Enders.

Right now, he was in the company of the Moriarty brothers, giving a tour of the vessel he was financing

Right now, he was in the company of the Moriarty brothers, giving a tour of the vessel he was financing. They were standing on the boat deck, talking about the capacities of the lifeboats. Most ,if not all, of England's influential families were aboard this ship and Enders decided to personally welcome them with a tour. To be honest, it felt like he was bragging about an accomplishment that none of the other upperclassmen had been able to achieve .

"The Moriartys. I have heard about you. Aren't most of the charity events in London sponsored by you?" ,asked Enders

"Ah yes. That would be me. I am Albert James Moriarty. They are my brothers, William is a professor and Louis manages the Moriarty estate", Albert said and pointed toward his siblings.

Louis had a pleasant smile plastered on his face, like both of his older brothers had. It was a speciality of theirs, able to win over the trust of people easily.

He said to their host," We have heard quite a lot about you too. I heard that while serving in India, you had single-handedly managed to hunt down a Royal Bengal? Your hunting exploits are quite a story here, Mr . Enders"

"Ah, of course . It is a hobby of mine. But , thank you, thank you" he said even though he wasn't praised and then directing his question towards William he asked,

"So, a professor huh? Are you an Oxbridge man?"

"No sir. Although I completed my education at Cambridge, I teach at a private boys' school", William sincerely replied.

"What ? A member of the nobility teaching the middle class swine? Unbelievable!!" Enders made no effort to hide his disgust .

Ignoring this remark , William asked," I  heard that a ballet act was going to perform today"