Lights, Curtains and Secrets

**I had posted this part earlier but due to some reason it was  not showing ( even though I published this part for like- three times!!!)**

The surrounding galleries with their semicircular protruding balconies, illuminated and draped with red cloth appeared to be celestial vessels with the lords and ladies as the celestial beings residing in them. The Hall, decorated with gold and wine red, and  dimly illuminated, gave a dramatic essence. The central chandelier was a colossal article . It was a Mocenigo with Murano glass lighting- a splendid piece from Venice. 

A spectacular representation of wealth and power.

The dazzling colours , however , had an almost hypnotizing effect on the audience. Despite the fact that the galleries were reserved for the upper class and the worker class were to sit in the central space,  no hostile feelings prevailed. Maybe  just for today, everyone was transfixed by the idea that they were about to witness the world's first onboard theatre play, fused with ballet.

The spell of silence was broken when Lord Enders took the stage, " Welcome ladies and gentlemen ."

A round of applause.

"Now, folks, do you know why you are here? Because you"- he pointed to the audience," are worthy. This  is The Noahtic" his voice amplified. " This is the Noah's Arc. Only those who deserve to live , only those who can persevere , deserve to be here."

Another round of  applause.

"Today ,", he bellowed again, " You will see a reenactment of Shakespeare's The Merchant Of Venice, but in a way it has never been presented  before, not even by it's creator .", he finished with a sly smile. That's it , he thought, today everyone will witness how the play should have actually ended.

When he came back to his gallery, he was surprised to see that William Moriarty sitting there .

"Moriarty , right?"

" Yes sir, the middle brother. I hope I'm not disturbing you and that was quite a speech"

"Huh. I bet most of them did not even pay attention to what I said."

Well, at least he knows that.

"You did say that today's play will be different than what we know. May I make a guess about the ending?"

"You may try"

"Shylock gets his revenge."

Enders was quite surprised by it. He said, "Since the play is about to begin anyways, I might as well just tell you what I have in mind. You are completely wrong. Why would Shylock win? It was his mistake to enter the bond in the first place. He was like a sheep in a pack of wolves - a minority in a christian dominated community. He should have just kept his mouth shut and kept on living in luxury. Alas! he turned out to be a fool. 

No, I will not let Shylock win. I will just correct what Shakespeare did wrong. I will kill Shylock instead of just stripping away his fortunes . "

It was a strange laugh , bordering a maniac insanity, that Enders elicited. He hoped that William would be surprised by his retelling of the drama. However,

All he heard was a light chuckle

"Very amusing, I must say It's unfortunate that our views do not align.", William replied with a sigh.

It was almost as if he was mocking the other. Liam's tone was sarcastic, if not threatening, for he was smiling when he said the above words . It made Enders uncomfortable but he could not understand why .

However,

It was at that moment that Enders understood, or, it would be better to say that he had an unconscious revelation that was yet to surface on his conscious mind, that he was not the only one with the power to change the ending of a story.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the extremely short chapter. I have a lot planned for this arc and if I had continued writing then the parts that I actually wanted to be the highlight would have been overlooked.

Anyways,

Thank you and Bye!