GOODNIGHT KISS (ch.2)

CHAPTER TWO: goodnight kiss

Around 8:30 am i woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. Who the heck was calling me this early?! I flipped my phone over to see the name "Sarah Cameron" on my screen. I clicked the green button on my screen and held it up to my ear.

"hello?" i answered in a low voice.

"hey! Isla! what are you doing today?" Sarah asked excitedly.

"Um, hold on." i stretched and yawned before answering, "In a bit i'm heading over to John B's why?"

"Oh um i was wondering if you wanted to come over, but since you already have plans maybe later?" she asked.

"Uh yeah sure."

"Okay! Let me know when you're free. Talk to you later, love you!"

"Love you too." i answered before hanging up.

Now i know what you're probably thinking, "why are you friend with Sarah, aren't her Kie enemies or whatever" and to answer you, Yes. Kiara and Sarah do not like each other but it isn't like i can stop being friends with her. I've known Sarah my whole life, she is basically my sister. And Kiara understands that.

I decided to go ahead and get up. Slipping on some high waisted blue jean shorts and a yellow cropped tank top. I quickly slipped into some plain white vans and walked into my bathroom to get ready. I brushed my teeth, did my hair, and washed my face. After i was ready and i tied one of John B's bandanas to my wrist and walked downstairs. I was greeted by my grandma, cooking breakfast and my grandpa, reading a newspaper.

"They still sell those?" i questioned walking to my grandfather and giving him a hug. He was an old black man, with gray hair and freckles. He isn't my grandfather by blood but he's the only one i ever knew. Shortly after my grandma had my dad her and grandpa got married. I think my dad was two.

He chuckled before responding, "Yes sweetie and good morning." I planted a small kiss on his cheek before looking at my grandma.

"Good morning sweetie!" my grandmother chirped as i walked towards the kitchen. She was an old white/Italian lady, in really good shape for her age.

"Good morning grandma." i smiled as i sat on a bar stool next to the island in the kitchen. "Have you seen my bag?"

"Uh yes, it's on the couch." she responded turning towards me.

"Thanks" i said before quickly hopping up and walking towards the couch and grabbing my small backpack.

It just kept the essentials in it. Phone charger, keys, chapstick, hair ties, and a little bit of money. Incase of an emergency.

I walked back upstairs and grabbed my phone. I seemed to have forgotten it before coming downstairs the first time. I have a red I-Phone XR and a red Otter-Box case on it, inside the case is a polaroid my mom and dad then one of me and the pogues. I grabbed it and seen a text from John B.

"we r heading to the site, cya in a bit" i read.

I quickly pulled it off the charger and walked down stairs. I walked over and hugged my grandma and grabbed a pancake and peice of bacon.

"Bye grandma, love you!" i said before walking towards the door.

"Love you too sweetie."

I waved big them goodbye as my grandma told me to tell the Cameron's something and grabbed my skateboard from beside the door.

All my friends have gotten their license except me, since i keep putting it off, so most of the time i skateboard everywhere i need to go or someone will give me a ride.