BROKEN PROMISES (ch.18)

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: broken promises

Oh lord...what did they do?!

Why the actual fuck is there a fire? DID THEY SET THEIR HOUSE ON FIRE!!

Oh my fucking god. I knew i shouldn't have left them alone. For fucks sake. I'm so stupid.

I quickly ran over and hopped in Kie's Jeep.

"What the fuck did y'all do?"

"No time to explain." Pope quickly said with an attitude.

"Jeez. Attitude much?" i scoffed.

"Fine" i said after a moment of silence. "What do we do in the mean time?"

"Lay low." JJ said. "They're probably looking for us too."

We went to The Wreck and stayed the night there, everyone slept in a booth.

———

The next morning you could still hear sirens everywhere.

I woke up and stretched, once i realized Kie and Pope were still asleep i decided to be a bit quieter. JJ was standing up, leaning against a railing looking out the screen.

"Hey J." i whispered and walked up next to him.

He didn't respond.

"Hey." i grabbed his arm. "He's gonna be okay. I mean... it's John B."

"I know you're worried." i wrapped my arms around his torso. "I am too."

After a moment he hugged me back, really tight. He kissed the top of my head and i rested it on his chest.

After a bit i had to pee so i walked away.

When i came back Pope and JJ were talking.

"No. They wouldn't still be patrolling if they caught him." Pope said.

I walked over and shook Kie awake.

"Let's hope." JJ said.

"You know, we were in that car. They're probably looking for us, too." Kie sat up.

"Well, if we're gonna be outlaws, we might as well help John B." Pope stated, he walked over to a bag and grabbed keys.

"So, find him before they do?" JJ questioned.

"I'm gonna get gas for the boat." Pope twirled the keys on his finger.

"Hey, you be careful." Kie said to him ."Okay?"

Pope completely ignored her and turned towards JJ, "Meet me at the dock at three. Don't be late." then stormed out.

What the fuck happened? I was gone all of five minutes. What could've possibly happened that was so bad in five minutes?

After he walked out, Kie and JJ shared a look and she hopped up and walked out after him. JJ and i followed out shortly after.

"Okay, what is your problem?" Kie raised her voice.

"No problem, Officer. I'm just doing my job." Pope responded.

"Look, I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings." Kie managed to say before Pope cut her off by revving the engine.

She tried to say other things but he kept repeating the same action. Then drove off.

Kie started walking back before looking up due to the sound of helicopters.

"Who the hell is that?" JJ asked.

After Pope left we just tried to find enough food around the restaurant to pack up for John B and Sarah.