ROYAL MERCHANT (ch.8)

CHAPTER EIGHT: royal merchant

JJ, Pope, and i had to head down to Heyward's to help him deliver groceries like we promised.

"You boys get these groceries over to Figure Eight." Heyward said as we all loaded to boat with groceries. "Get straight back here when you're done. No fishin'. I promised delivery by this afternoon. Rich folks don't wanna wait for you lazy sons of..." he was cut off my JJ holding his arms out.

"Oh, JJ, thank you."the older man continued.
"...sons of bitches."

"Right." Pope responded to his father.

"Doesn't even look like the storm hit there." I stated as we drove past some kook houses.

"That's because they got generators, babe. Get used to it." JJ responded to my comment.

"And then they say the juice will be out all summer at the cut. It's nice to be a Kook." Pope chirped in.

"Lucky bastards." JJ scoffed.

As we pulled in to where we were docking JJ, Pope, and i all went separate and ways. Apparently women are faster because i was done before the guys and waited about five minutes before someone else showed up. Pope.

"Oh, finally, took you long enough." i joked standing up from my seat. "Pope?"

He was really quiet and kept his hat down and head hung low.

"Pope!" i demanded causing him to look up at me.

"Oh my god Pope. What happened?" i walked up to him grabbing his face and examining all the cuts and blood on it.

"Nothing." he swatted my hand away.

"Pope!" i grabbed his hand. "Tell me why the hell happened.

"Topper..."

"Oh that son of a bitch. I'm gonna kill him."

"...and Rafe." he cut me off.

I stood in shock for a moment, "Wha- what, why would he- why would he do that?"

"I don't know. It's not that big of a deal."

"Yes the hell it is Pope." i said walking and grabbing a first aid kit. Walking back towards him.

"Don't tell JJ." he pleaded as i cleaned up his wounds.

"Pope-"

"No Isla! Do not tell JJ." he demanded. "Please."

"Fine." i sighed.

After a few minutes JJ finally walked back and towards the boat.

"Pope! Dude, you are not going to believe what just happened to me, man! Whoo! That was the best 100 bucks I've ever made! When I say count me in on all these grocery deliveries, Pope, I mean it." the blonde said in a good mood. "And hello to my queen."

"JJ please stop." i said, smiling.

He just winked and smiled.

"What's up with you? Bro, you good?" JJ made Pope look at him. "Yo, what happened to your face, dude? Jesus!"

"What happened?" he looked towards me and i just shrugged.

"Rafe and Topper jumped me." the dark haired boy said with no emotion. "They said no Pogues on their side of the island."

He literally just asked me not to tell him? He gave in so easily.

"What are you gonna do?" the blonde boy responded clearly upset and not thinking rationally.