Chapter 7

BOLD: MEW Italics : Gulf.

Leaving behind their little conflicts Mew and Gulf accompanied the rest of the team on their last day of hiking. All eyes were on Mew. Gulf could hear girls speaking in hushed whispers. If not for the cold glares that he gave to them from time to time, his students would have covered Mew like a swarm of bees hovering over flowers. But Mew seemed oblivious to the attention he was receiving. This time Win joined them too, letting Bright to be with his friends. What are you doing here with us, you should be with Bright. "I don't think I should be at places where I am not wanted." Win I really think that boy has his own reasons, just give him time he would let you know. Try talking to him again." What if he ignores me again? Then ask again, because he owe you an answer. Don't forget we are on a mission. Mew said ruffling the Win's hair.

"People says God has not given a single being everything he needs. But looks like he was partial to Mew. He is so damn perfect that I don't know how long we can hide him. Don't you think he is attracting a lot of attention." Boat expressed his thoughts to Gulf and Mild as Mew and Win were busy in their own coversation. " You are not wrong Boat. I think the only thing that keeps students away from grabbing Mew is their fear of Gulf. Dude have to say this, you look more intimidating than you were before. In simple words you look like a jealous boyfriend guarding his lover from predators." Mild teased Gulf, for which he earned a smack on his head from the latter. "You are wrong Boat. God had given him everything just to take it away leaving him broken. I don't know whether I would be able to stay strong like him if I was in his place. I feel like God was too cruel towards him."

The students were trying to make the best out of their last night of the visit as from the next day they would be back to their sedentary lives. Mew stood afar and watched them. Seeing Mew lost in thoughts Gulf approached him." We can come again when I am free if you want ."  "Sorry I didn't see you coming. No it's okay. What is the point in returning when there is no trace of anything left here that I can call mine. I called this place ones my land, this is were I was born, grew up and fell in love, but with time this place changed a lot, that it barely looks similar to that in my memories." " If so then make a new home so that you can create new memories." Gulf saw a glint of doubt in the Prince's eyes. " You can do it and never think you are alone. I believe this is not just your fate it's mine too. It was never my intention to find you, neither did I find you accidently. I am certain some unknown force lead me to you and I know this is just the beginning. I have many questions unanswered just like you do, so lets move together. Win, Mild and Boat are the only ones that I have to call as family and now they are yours too." Both men just stood embraced by a heart warming silence and continued to watch the young students having fun. " It's getting late we need to be up early morning tomorrow, lets get back to the tent." When Gulf was about to leave Mew stopped him by grabbing his hand. Gulf stared at Mew's face to find answers for his action. " Thank you". That was all he said and that one word carried all the emotion he wanted to covey.

Win was waiting patiently for Bright to come. He was determined to get the senior boy talk to him again which was a result of the motivation lecture he received from his brother and The Prince. Soon Bright entered the tent and as expected he never spoke a word. " Phi Bai don't even think of sleeping without talking to me. Don't you think I at least deserve to know why you treat me like this." " I am sorry. I was just guilty and I didn't know how to make it up to you. If I was a bit more vigilant may be you didn't have to go through what you experienced yesterday." At last Bright revealed his side of the story. " So avoiding me was your idea of apologizing to me. I have never received one like this in my life. Phi do you really take me for someone who is so weak to protect or defend myself." Win asked back.