Chapter 8

Italics: Gulf

In the break of dawn she slipped into the moody forest, listening to the secret whispers of the slightly chill breeze that passed now and then. Her legs halted at the sight of bodies that laid scattered and still. She checked for signs of life but to her disappointment it was too late for her to help. A soft cry caught her attention, she rushed in the direction of voice, there sat a man leaned against a tree bathed in blood clutching tight against his wounds.

Gulf stood just behind the young lady, he was confused of the sudden changes in surroundings. This place was unknown to him. His eyes found the wounded man. He knew he have seen both the young man and the lady somewhere, but where was the question. To his surprise again there was a switch in surroundings, he silently witnessed the girl nursing the strangers wounds, he seemed to appear better in health than before. Soon Gulf realised who the girl was, she was the one who he saw in his previous dream, but still the identity of the man remained unknown. The locations seemed to change again and again, and Gulf witnessed how love blossomed between the stranger and his saviour. For some unknown reason he felt blissful seeing the couple in love. He questioned himself whether he would experience something like them anytime in his life.

Once again he was taken back to the same old dream, he saw her taking her last breath just like before. He could feel the pain she was going through. He still didn't know why her suffering mattered to him much more than it should. It felt like all those pain and emotions were his own, he knew this too was just one of his dream. In the next second he found himself beside a wailing infant, those cries were the same that woke him every night since the past four years. Every night his heart ached to sooth the crying baby and now when he had seen him, his urge to take the little one in his arms was going out of bounds. Just when he was close to the infant, he felt himself being sucked out from the strange place. He opened his eyes, he was miserable, but then he saw a pair of eyes staring into his own. Gulf smiled through his misery, they were the same eyes that he saw in his dreams, the one that held so much love for the young girl, who was his saviour.

Gulf...Gulf wake up. Mild do something,what is wrong with him. Why is he crying? Mild didn't know what to or how to answer Mew. He thought his best friend would get to lead a normal life from now on as they found Mew, but rather it seems to be worse. Boat immediately tried to bring back his friend to consciousness as he sprayed water over his face. Gulf blinked his eyes open, he saw three pair of eyes looking at him all worried. I just fainted for God sake, you guys are embarrassing me. Gulf never really meant it, and he knew his friends understood him well. He didn't want Win to worry, he was the elder one, so he never let the kid know about his problems. " Phi we don't need to embarrass you. You are capable of doing it yourself."

You brat, what do you mean by that. "Oh come on Phi don't you think you are too comfortable lying in your boyfriend's arms leaning against his chest, I never expected you to be someone fond of PDA." That's when Gulf came into his senses, he felt flustered about awkward position he was lying in now. He quickly freed himself from Mew's grip and jumped from his seat. I am sorry for bothering you and ..thank you. Mew just nodded his head, he wanted to know what was wrong, but then he knew it was not his place to ask. The five men got down from the bus stretched themselves and walked towards the food court.

Mew this is what you call a food court, this is not much, you will find more grand and fancy ones in the city. What shall I get for you, how about a burger and fries. Mew just stared at Gulf, its not like he can say no, he doesn't even what all these things are. Hey don't give me that look, trust me you will like it. But you cannot eat them very often, fast food isn't that healthy. Then why do people eat something like that. It's because they taste good and having them once in a while doesn't hurt. We human beings have just a short life span, though you are an exception, so we need to live it to the fullest, at least we should eat what we love right.