Chapter 13

Italics: Win   
Bold: Bright

It has already been an hour since the film began, Win's mind was on edge. His first date is not showing any signs of going as he expected. No holding hands, no accidental brushing of their fingers when they shared pop corn, and last but not the least Bright's eyes had been stuck on the screen the whole time. Win was loosing his cool, " I got excited for no reason, If it was all about simply watching a movie and eating pop corn, I could have just made myself comfy on the sofa in my living room" he thought. But Win couldn't let it go on, after all it is his first date, for which he took a long time to get dolled up. " Phi Bai..." Win called, but never received a response, so he tried again.     " Phi Baaaiii"... he tried again, a little louder just enough for getting Bright distracted from the movie. " Yes Win..."

" Phi... are you sure we are on a date?"

" What happened nong... are you not enjoying the movie?"

" No matter how I see this... this seems more like two friends on a movie night than a date." Win complained.

Bright leaned closer to Win, their faces were a few inches apart. " So what's that my bunny boy suggest we should do to make this look more like a date." There was a hint of tease in his voice. Win made a face that clearly showed he was sulking. Bright couldn't help but just admire the younger's childishness. He took Win's hands in his interwining them, kissing the back of the younger's hands. Win's face brightened up, rewarding Bright with a happy smile. Bright realised how a small gesture like holding hands made the latter happy.

" I am sorry I dissapointed you, on our first date." Bright apologized to Win. They were seated in Bright's car, it was time to say goodbye for now. " That's alright... but then you made things right... so I am happy....and it's alright I can understand... Phi may not be as romantic as me."

" It looks like Sir Gulf is waiting for you outside." Win turned to look through the window, giving Bright a chance to place a quick kiss on the latter's cheek. Win's eyes widened and his body halted for a minute, while a moderate shade of pink spread across his face. " So... You lied... Phi Gulf is not there right." Win asked once he was out from the initial stiffness that Bright's lips gave him.
" Sorry....... How about my romantic hero punish me with a goodnight kiss for lying and stealing a kiss from him?" Bright teased again.
" That's a nice move, but sorry to disappoint you. It had been decided long back that I would have my first kiss only with my boyfriend."
" Aren't we?"
Are we? I don't remember anyone asking me to be their boyfriend... so Phi Bai... Will you be my boyfriend? "

If I say yes, will I get good night kiss in return?
Hmm.... May be or may be not... You wouldn't know unless you take a chance. Phi Bai.... You had been a constant in my mind since a couple of years, don't know about you though. So think well and give me an answer... If it's a "no" then I would want you to know that my first date wasn't bad, I had a nice time and if it's a "yes" then man you are stuck with me for a long time to come.
Win wasn't teasing Bright anymore. He made his thoughts clear.
I am happy to know that all these time that I waited for you to be eighteen didn't go in vain and wouldn't  it be foolish of me to say Noo. So my Winnie,  starting from now if anyone approaches you, make sure to let them know that you are Bright's boyfriend.

Wait.. What did you mean by you waited for me to be eighteen. Explain.
Next time boyfiee... Now get back to your home before your Phi Gulf grabs my collar. I can give you a good night kiss if you want. Win tried again. Bright chuckled at his tricks. Wait till our next date and Good night.. Good night....