Chapter 3

Gulf had to bend down to enter as the opening of the cave was small. Despite being determined to go inside, he couldn't deny that he was scared. But as the saying goes " The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek". He was lost in the darkness and silence that engulfed the insides of the cave. Fear gripped him tight inside, he didn't have the slightest idea about where or why he has to go, but he knew that regardless of that he had to keep moving.

Beads of sweat appeared on his forehead. He lighted the torch in his phone. He could hear the rustling of water that flowed down above the cave. The further he went deep, narrow the path became, he reached a point where he had to squeeze himself to the other side.

Throughout his little stroll he found nothing but rocky projection and some small plants. But once he reached the other end of the narrow passage, things changed. He found himself standing in a much wider place. He found it more bright and himself breathing fresh air. He looked up towards the source of light, he found a number of tiny openings between the rocks on the roof of the cave that stood at a great height above him.

He made a quick glance at the surroundings, beautiful paintings on the walls caught his attention. There were images of battles,one that showed a celebration, then that of a young man and a small boy, a palace and so on.Gulf felt like he was going through the pages of a fairytale book. Then his sight halted onto the writings on the wall.

Why hasn't he come out yet. Don't you think we need to check on him? asked Win.
Yes I agree with Win, we all know how Gulf is he won't even call for help if something happens.
Said Mild
Four of them stepped inside the cave to find Gulf.

Is this some kind of joke. But who would be crazy enough to do something like this in a cave and that too in a forest. But still these look old. Did I come all the way just to see some paintings and writings.
Gulf was lost deep in his own thoughts. He felt dejected as he failed to find the answers he had been searching for long. He clenched his first and punched the wall.
He was shell shocked by the cracking sound of rocks ripping apart. He had never anticipated this, the walls coverd with paintings started sliding aside. As the walls opened, a hidden chamber was revealed  with a man lying on a bed in the middle of  the small room.

Gulf was no longer scared, instead he was curious and perplexed, nothing of these seem to be logical. He felt a strong pull urging him to move towards the sleeping man.
  Why does he look like he had been sleeping for a few hours and not a thousand year, thought Gulf. Infact he found him young and handsome. But he noticed a shadow of sadness on that attractive face. He wondered what was it that made the crown prince to sleep, carrying such deep sorrow in his heart that reflected on his face.

Gulf didn't know how long he stared at the sleeping man. He was dressed in something that looked expensive, it was really old fashioned, but that didn't lessen the Prince's charm, on other hand it just added to his beauty. The man looked like an art work carved in perfect proportions by a sculptor.

Gulf sat beside the sleeping Prince, he felt as his actions were once again not under his control. He took hold of the latter's hand, his palms were rough and hard compared to Gulf's soft and smooth ones. With his other hand he gently stroked the latter's head. "Wake up,you had been sleeping for quite a long time". But the Prince laid still which made Gulf agitated. If they could write this much,then why couldn't they write how to wake this guy too, he spoke to himself.
" See Mr Prince, I am sorry I know no other way, this is one of the ways how I used to wake up Mild", saying this Gulf brought the Prince's hand close to his mouth and bit him hard.

The Prince's eyelids fluttered open, he covered his eyes with his hands.
"OMG  did that work, you are really awake, I was just trying my luck. "
The prince held his hand as he felt a stinging pain, he was furious to see the bite mark around his wrist.
"How dare you bite the Crown Prince. Who are you and who let you in without my permission? " The prince shouted fuming in anger.

"Wow great, why on the earth did I wake this guy. How will I explain, that he had been asleep for around thousand years. " Gulf thought but before Gulf could answer the  angry Prince stood up and walked towards Gulf.
" Where am I, what did you do to my son, how come a weakling like you had courage to take the Crown Prince under hostage, tell me who is behind you. "
Gulf stepped backwards, now he was afraid that he would become the victim of the Prince's rage even before he reveals the truth, but at the same time he couldn't take the insult.

"Hey you, hold your tongue, whom did you call weakling, you are someone who needed my help to wake up from the sleep and you are telling I am weak, you better back off."
Gulf's words just ignited his anger. The Prince pushed him to the wall and choked him with his arm. Gulf knew that the prince was strong and he didn't have a chance, but still he tried to free himself.

Meanwhile the four men who came in search of Gulf, rushed to their friends aid as they witnessed him being choked by a stranger. It took all their strength for Boat and Bright to pull the Prince away from Gulf. Gulf coughed and gasped for air as he got freed.
All of a sudden Win did something unexpected. He fell on his knees in front of Mew. " Your highness we mean no harm to you, my brother was just trying to help you, please be patient and listen to what we have to say". The Prince always gave others a chance to clear their part and so he agreed to listen to what Win had to say.

He remained silent throughout. Win paused in the middle to get some reaction from the Prince. But he stood still and speechless. " I know you may feel we are lying, but this is the truth, just look at our clothes and yours, have you seen anyone dressed like us before, see this, it is a called a mobile phone have you seen this. I am sorry to say this I don't know why you have been asleep for this long, but seeing how this cave have been designed just like a Royal chamber, I guess we may find some clue here". Gulf spoke.

The mighty prince remained tight lipped, the eyes that were filled with rage just few moments ago were now glossy.  He started searching the room like a mad man. He threw things away desperately.
His eyes caught on a scroll lying on the ground between the things he had thrown.
He opened it with trembling hands

"Dear son, we didn't want to do this. I never wanted my son to wake up in a world where he is all alone, but I couldn't let you die too and Kiara says this is your fate and you will surely find happiness again. You can trust the one who have freed you from this illfate, and I promise to keep your son safe untill my last breath. I am sure the Crown Prince who have never lost any battles in the past would surely make it through this...
                                    With love your father"

He collapsed on the ground clenching the soft dirty yellow paper closer to his heart and closed his eyes tight. The five men stood helpless around him. Gulf's heart tightened at the sight, he couldn't imagine himself in the Prince's place, he wanted to console the man but he knew the Prince had to accept the reality and what he needed was some time, so he let the man to prepare himself to step into a world unfamiliar to him, a new life without his loved ones, into a world were his existence untill today was just a fairytale.

I really wrote so many drafts, but none of them satisfied me, and finally I made this final. It took me around 4 days to come up with this. Hope you all find this satisfactory. Thank you. 🙂🙂🙂