Chapter Two

HERMIONE'S EYES SCANNED THROUGH THE GREAT HALL,
in hopes to see a certain raven haired boy walk through the double doors. To her dismay he doesn't. Causing her to worry more than she already was.

"Don' you worry. He'll be long soon 'nuff-" Ron cut himself off stuffing more food into his mouth.

"WILL . YOU. STOP. EATING! You're best friend is missing!" Hermione said whacking Ron with her book.

"What happened to 'don't overreact'?" Y/n said qouting Hermione's word from earlier.

Hermione shot her a glare before whacking her with her book as well.

"Oi! Turn around you lunatic!" Both Ron and Y/n said, practically shouting at Hermione, in pain from the blows they got.

Hermione spins around in her seat, and sees Harry along side Luna entering the great hall, approaching them.

"He's covered in blood. Why is it that he's always covered in blood?" Y/n asked.

"Looks like it's his own this time." Ron replied.

"Where've you been? And what happened to your nose?" Hermione asked as Harry sat down.

"Later. What I miss?" He asked.

"Sorting Hat urged us all to be 'brave and strong' in these trouble times." Ron said.

"Easy for it to say it's a hat." Y/n said handing a napkin to Harry. "All it has to worry about it being blown away in a wind storm."

"Thanks..." Harry said sheepishly.

(Third? Fourth? time re writing this chapter and I still don't feel like writing Dumby's speech lol.)

"Now off to bed. Pip! Pip!" Dumbledore ushered the students to bed.

"That was cheerful." Ron chimed.

"Very cheerful." Y/n added sarcastically.

***

Throughout the night Y/n had found herself unable to sleep. No matter how hard she tried, to keep her eyes closed. Or how hard she tossed and turned to find a comfortable spot,her eyes would just open again and stare at the ceiling.

Eventually, realizing sleeping was a lost cause, she gave up on the idea of sleep, and decided to go on a walk. Hoping it would at least tire her out in the slightest to get a minute of sleep.

She quietly made her way out of the Gryffindor tower, trying not to wake anyone up in the process, she left.

At first she didn't intend to go anywhere specifc in the castle. But the more she walked, she realized her feet had taken her to the doors of the Astronomy Tower.

She pushed the doors open and made her way towards the railings, leaning against them. She looked up to see the stars.

'Beautiful' She thought to herself.

The tower was always peaceful at night.

It allowed her to get things out of her mind.