Chapter Five

"What's got you spaced out, I won't ask again."

She closed her eyes, deciding if she should tell him Hermione was starting to suspect that something was up. But if she told him she'd basically be signing Hermione's death sentence.

"Nothing." Y/n lied.

"I don't believe you." He said closing the book.

"And why is that?" She asked.

"You're a horrible liar, so either you tell me what's going on or i'll find out on my own. And trust me if I find out you're keeping something from me you'll regret it." He snarled.

Y/n rolled her eyes at his threat, "Don't you get tired of using the same threat over an over? Come on you must surely have something better to say."

"Oh come on love, you and I both know you're trying to change the subject..." Theodore said.

He started to lean across the table getting closer to Y/n. She can nearly smell his scent, white musk, lime, and violets.

"Now, tell me Y/n because i'm not repeating myself again. What is it that is bothering you?"

Y/n stays silent not knowing what to do. She can practically hear her unsteady breathing.

"I won't take no for an answer Y/n." He taunts.

Y/n manages to find her words again. "Like I said, and won't say again. Nothing is bother me." She said rather fast.

Theodore leaned in a little more this time, grabbing her chin forcing her to make eye contact. "Listen to me Y/n, I know you're lying."

Y/n tried turning her head away, only for Theodore to pull it back to face him. "See the problem is lying to me will only make you get in to more trouble, than you already are."

Y/n swatted his hands off her, "Get it inside of your head Nott, nothing is bothering me. Let's just get this project done."

"Fine then, have it your way." He shrugged leaning back on his chair.

She mentally slapped herself, if he were find out she was lying, and something tells her he is going to find out. He could have her and Hermione killed for withdrawing the truth.

***

"I don't know what to do Luna!"Y/n groaned plopping down on Luna's bed.

Despite Luna being a Ravenclaw and a year younger than her, Y/n loved Luna like a little sister. She was the one person who wouldn't judge her with her family issues. And for that she told Luna everything that went on in her life.

Only this time, she couldn't tell Luna the whole truth. "Well that sounds...intriguing." Luna said in her soft voice.

"Here." Luna said handing Y/n a bracelet. "Personally I wouldn't hide anything from my friends, but in your perspective...I'd say let some time pass and see where it goes between you and Theodore before telling them."

"But what if they find out, and they- wait I don't say it was Nott, how did you know?" Y/n asked.

"Nargals they know everything." Luna said smiling.

***

"I'm telling you Harry, she's hiding something or, somethings bothering her!" Hermione quietly shouted.

"Hermione, if something was bothering her don't you think she'd tell us? You're probably over thinking it." Harry said.

"Really? Have you not seen her and Nott making eyes at each other?" Harry it's obvious something is going on between them!" Hermione said her voice slightly raising.

"Mione she's hated him for the past six years, you're telling me all of a sudden she has interest in him? Besides Nott is a blood supremacist and you know she despises that." Harry stated.

Hermione stayed silent for a couple seconds about to speak when she was interrupted.

"It seems to me that even after i've told you nothing is going on between Nott and I you still don't believe me." Y/n said with slight anger.

"And then instead of talking to me, you go off to Harry!"

"Y/n it's not like that, but something is going on! I'd rather hear it from you then find out from someone else...the more you keep it a secret the more it's making my trust fade in you." Hermione said her tone more serious and quiet.

"Trust? Hermione that's what I want you to do! To trust me when I tell you nothing is going on...Mione you've been my best friend for years. But it pains me that out friendship is starting to crumble, because of a boy we both despise!" Y/n sighed.

She walked towards Hermione, taking her hands in with hers, "Just trust me on this when I say nothing is going on, I promise."

Hermione stood there quietly before speaking up, "I trust you, but please know if something is going on you can talk to me about it."

"I know..." Y/n whispered.

She felt guilty lying to her, after promising her that she would tell her if something was wrong. But would she rather tell her and risk her life?

No, she wouldn't therefore she did what she had to do, to take suspicions off her and Theodore. She would rather have Hermione loose her trust in her rather than to see her lifeless body.

***

"She's hiding something." Theodore said placing his drink down, leaning back on the wall.

"And that is?" Draco asked releasing a cloud of smoke.

"I don't know. She claims nothing is wrong, but I don't believe her."

"What if she told someone?" Blaise questioned.

"If she did, she would have to die, wouldn't matter though, one less blood traitor to deal with." Pansy said making both her and Draco laugh.

"We aren't killing her!" Theodore snapped.

"And why not? If she really did tell someone and he finds out blood will be shed! Besides why do you care if she's dead or not?" Pansy argued.

"I threatened the safety of her family! I don't think she would tell anyone in fear of her family getting killed!" Theodore said slamming his drink on the table causing it to make a loud noise.

Pansy jumped at the sound, "Fine, but if she did peep a single word to anyone about this..." Pansy said pointing between the four of them.

"I won't hesitate to point fingers towards her." She spat walking out of the room.

"How do you manage to deal with her, mate?" Blaise asked.

"I only tolerate her, because of the deal our parents made. If there was no deal this would be a whole different story." He scoffed.

"Pansy's right though, why do you care whether she's dead or not?" Draco said breaking his silence.

"I don't I could care less, I just intend to find out what she's hiding first."

September 2, 2021