Chapter 31

Jennie's POV

"God Jennie can you get anymore slower?"

Lisa immediately greeted me with that after calling me to meet up with her in our favorite café which is non-coincidentally the café where Jisoo excitedly brought us upon... but I don't know if she really did bring us here or was it just me finding familiarity and connection to this said café.

I sighed and shook my head while going towards the Thai and giving her a tight-lipped smile. Pretty much I was having a bad day. I didn't get enough sleep due to my insomnia and I definitely just wanted to watch Netflix and chill.

But no... Lisa just had to call me for something 'urgent' which should be! Or else I'm gonna rip her apart. I winder how Chaeyoung would act with that being said.

I am in need of coffee honestly.

"It's not my fault you just called and said there was some important shit you wanna talk about." I huffed and took my sunglasses off before putting it into my purse which I seriously cannot stop adoring. The purse really fit with my outfit but wanting some compliments, I yelled at her, "Gosh! I look horrible."

"Jen, you look elegantly beautiful. Don't say your horrible when your in THAT." Lisa gestured her hands on my outfit with an incredulous look on her face which made me smile, amused.

I couldn't get even more proud to myself for picking this outfit of mine because people was staring! Attention is something when people have their jaws dropped.

What was my outfit you may ask? Then that's all up to y'all. Just think of an outfit that screams JENNIE KIM and that's what I'm wearing. Make it fancy, kay?

"Is it too much?"

"I only said we'd discuss something important with coffee and there you are looking like some hot mama ready for some rounds." Lisa grumbled to herself making me laugh. But I looked at her and waited with anticipation for her exact response.

She rolled her eyes and gave me a tight-lipped smile before responding, "Yes. It is too much."

"Hm... at least you said I looked elegantly beautiful." I nodded to myself while smoothing my outfit while she scoffed and rolled her eyes once more but this time, she had a smile on her face.

"Your impossible sometimes, seriously." Even if this was supposedly an insult, I couldn't help but smile at that. Her grin goes against her words too.

...

After about thirty minutes of chitchat about some random stuff, I finally had the time to ask what I really came here for.

"Now, what was this important thing you were gonna discuss to me about." I cleared my throat and properly sat. My arms folded on my chest while staring at Lisa.

Lisa properly sat as well and sighed. I gave her a questioning look while she smiled a bit before starting,

"Well, remember that gathering?"

"Well yeah?"

As she heard my response, her demeanor changed. She looked nervous. She fiddled with her empty cup of coffee, sighed and looked at me straight in the eye as if mustering her courage and words.

She finally opened her mouth and I anticipated for the words to go through and with that. I finally hear what she had to say and what I came for here.

"Its been cancelled."

After she said that, its as if she just went through an hour of being underwater because of how much she was panting and heaving. She was relieved.