Chapter 27

Jennie's POV

The room went completely silent right after the question popped up. Maybe because of the question itself or the mad tone that came with it. Chaeyoung looked like she'll be snapping my head off if I even dared to explain myself. But how unlucky of me to have a mouth that had a mouth of it's own.

"I-."

Right before words could even come out of my mouth, she interrupted me with a snarky remark. "I'll ask again. How do you know Jisoo's name."

"I-I just..."

And then again as I was about to explain myself, Lisa was the one to cut me off this time while going in between me and Chaeyoung. A stern glare shotted towards Chaeyoung who just rolled her eyes. "Hey there. What's got you so aggressive? It's just a name so chill your hot ass and do what a nurse should actually do."

"This 'name' your implying is already a dead person." Chaeyoung simply took a step back from the close distance of her and Lisa who was unmoving at the moment.

And here I was shocked to the core of the news I've just received. This wasn't the information I wanted to know that everything is so confusing! Everyone doesn't know each other and I'm the only one who does. And now... Jisoo's dead?

"But-."

Words were just stuck inside my throat and nothing just happens to come out. But Lisa on the other hand had her own temper to chill out. God, she's making my head hurt by arguing nonsense towards Chaeyoung who was literally just staring at her in amusement.

"So what?! You have no right to speak so high and mighty to Jennie, you cheap-."

As soon as she almost said that, I cut her off with a stern tone. "Lisa."

She looked at me incredulously while contemplating over stopping or not. But by hearing her sigh and slumping herself beside me, she already gave up. And I'm relieved that she was because I could've just kicked her out.

"Chaeyo-." Chaeyoung raised a brow at me making me chuckle a little over the slip-up. "Ms. Park, can you come here again after visiting time?"

"Unni-." Lisa was about to complain when I glared at her making the Thai girl shut up while glaring at Chaeyoung.

"Sure, Ms. Kim." Chaeyoung agreed while I smiled at her. But then she added, "Anytime. Just not when I can see this mutt's face."

"Who are you calling-."

Just as soon Lisa could say anything, I interrupted her again. She does that to me and who's stopping me from doing so to her too? "Lisa."

"I'll get back at you, you witch." She pointed a finger towards Chaeyoung who clearly didn't look fazed at all.

"Temper. Temper. Relax, mutt. I'll get your food for you later." Chaeyoung lastly said with a laugh before finally leaving with her trolley or whatever it was.

She didn't even do what she was supposed to because of how much of an idiot Lisa is. I just sighed and knocked the Thai's head making her question me with her eyes of confusion.

"Jeez... way to make me feel single, Lisa." I grumbled and huffed as I placed myself on my bed with difficulty. My best friend didn't even think of helping me now but looked at me in confusion.

"Huh?"

"Seriously? You really couldn't help your hormones and stare at Chaeyoung's ass for good ten minutes." The expression of horror in her face almost made me laugh if it wasn't because my stomach hurts because I'm starving already.

"I wasn't-."

"Your dating her, right?" She looked defeated already which made me nod at myself. I'm literally the best at observing.

"I'm-."

Just as I thought, she is. Even now, they're together but in secret, huh?

"Your unbelievable..."

"Just relax, Manoban. I'll keep it a secret." I sent a wink towards her which resulted to her grimacing and me laughing.

"How'd you even know?"

"I have my ways." I simply shrugged.

"Scary."

"Whatever. Go get your 'food' already." A glare was sent my way making me laugh even more. This is just enjoyable to me. "She-, I mean the food can't be kept waiting."

"I hate you for being this way." She mumbled making me grin in agreement. She stood up and reached towards the door when I said,

"I hate you too."

Her laugh erupted immediately after hearing that but then she smiled, "See you later, bitch!"

"Keep her walking, mutt!"

"Fuck you!"

"Good luck handling the straps I have in store then!"

"Dirty bitch!"

"Heated mutt!"

"I give up." She grumbled while looking at one of the employees outside of my room and pointing at me, saying, "She's too good."

...