Chapter 18

Jisoo's POV

I walked out of the movie theatre room and stormed off to my room. I locked the door slowly and stared at empty space. And before I even realized it, I was already on my knees hugging them tightly like some vulnerable child. That was me at the moment.

I don't know what got into me but that fucking movie plot made me into a breaking down mess. I took deep breaths to calm myself but that wasn't working at the moment and so I scurried over to my night stand, pulling the drawer open and hurriedly tried to find my antidepressant pills. Damn, I hate drinking this.

"J-Jisoo?" I heard a knock from outside my room and I immediately hid the bottle of pills back to where it was before running towards my door where Jennie stood by, eyes full of worry that it made me feel warm inside.

"Y-Yes?" I spoke when I noticed that neither of us were planning to speak since we were only staring at each other for I don't know how many seconds.

"Are you alright?"

"Fine." I gave her a full view of my body, twirling all around my room with a fake smile on my face which I knew would totally make people believe but I guess Jennie Kim isn't like those people because she was now shaking her head and making her way towards my drawer and took out my bottle of pills.

"You told me you were okay?" Her tone was stern and concerned, she didn't look like she was faking it too. It was genuine concern that it almost made me tear up because of her kindness to me.

I really don't know why a lot of people hate her.

"Yeah... I am." I tried very hard to come up with an excuse inside my head and that was all that came out of my mouth. I really have to search up some excuse.

"Then what's this?" She shook the bottle in her hand, creating the sound I hated so much to hear ever since the day the doctors told me to take it.

"Ah... that's..." I tried ti act nonchalant but that's awfully impossible especially because someone's piercing gaze is being bore into my eyes. "...mine."

"How long?"

"What?"

"How long have you been having those?"

"Since twelve, I guess?" I said with no care at all as if I was already used to this situation which I was. I really didn't need any pity from anyone and Jennie was someone I'd never want to receive any pity at all.

"T-twelve?" She repeated, eyes wide and filled with worry.

"Surprised?" I asked, smiling at her softly.

"Worried is the right word really."

"I only take them when needed." She handed me the bottle which I accepted gratefully and immediately took two pills and my water bottle beside my bed.

Letting out a sigh of relief, I flopped myself down onto my bed with Jennie sitting beside me uninvited. Not that I minded at all. Her presence is actually comforting that it now explains why some people adore her so much.

"That doesn't make me feel any less worried." She groaned with a whiny tone, resting her hand on my stomach and casually caressing it which tickled me but I gladly didn't show it. Besides, I was enjoying her contact with me.

"Would your worry go away when I-."

"It won't so shut it." She immediately cut me off with a glare even before I could finish earning a chuckle from me.

"Geez... when have you been so harsh to me?" I acted all hurt and pouty but who am I to kid around? Jennie obviously didn't buy it.

"And I will be like that until I know you'll get better." She smugly smirked at me.