johnny cade

you were getting ready for your date with johnny, with the help of your friend, y/f/n

"so tell me how he asked you" they said excitedly, whilst brushing your hair.

you smiled softly at the memory.
"well"

flashback
you were walking down the road when you felt someone tap your shoulder.
you turned around and were met with a handsome face that you recognised immediately as johnny cade.

you and johnny met when you had a project with ponyboy for school.
you and johnny weren't great friends however you would have small talk and wave at each other when passing by.

"oh hey johnny," you spoke whilst smiling at the boy in front of you.
"h-hey y/n, um i wanted to ask you something if that's okay," johnny spoke sheepishly. "of course" you replied kindly.

johnny looked behind him quickly. dallas and two-bit were stood to the side with their thumbs up in reassurance.

johnny took a deep breath and looked back towards you.

"i was wondering if you wanted to go out with me, um like a date?" he asked nervously, not meeting your eyes.
"of course!" you responded happily, you were screaming inside but trying not to show it.

flashback ended

"and that's how he asked me," you finished explaining.

                         𓂀𓂀𓂀

it had been fifteen minutes and you had just finished getting ready when you heard a knock at the door. you headed downstairs with butterfly's filling your stomach.

when you opened the door you could see johnny on the other side, nervously rubbing his palms together and looking down at his shoes.

when he heard the door open he quickly looked up at you and his mouth fell open.

"hi," you spoke nervously, looking down at your feet.

johnny who had seemingly broken out of his trance responded genuinely with "wow you look amazing."

you looked up and smiled at him, a light blush painting you cheeks.

johnny had his hair lightly greased back, with his chocolate, brown eyes on full view.
he was wearing his iconic jean jacket and had some nice trousers on, in which he was given too by darry for christmas.

"so should we go?" he asked whilst holding out his hand for you to take.

you simply nodded, and took his hand in yours.

once again, screaming inside.

                         𓂀𓂀𓂀

you had arrived at the town fair.

the town fair took place one night, once every two years.
this was the only time when socs and greasers were civil with one another, since they would be having to much fun with their own friends and dates.
you may even see a soc and greaser talking and laughing like old friends.

you could see big bright lights coming out from all around the fair.
you could see many stools, a big variety of games, some large rollercoasters,

you could see different teenagers with their friends, other people on dates, and different families having fun together.

you could hear laughs and screams of happiness from people on the rides.

however, what caught your eye was the large ferris wheel in the corner of the fair.

"so, do you want to play some games?" johnny asked whilst putting one of his hands in his pocket.
you nodded happily and grabbed his free hand.
you both walked together into the bright lights.

it had started to get dark, but the fair was still in full swing.
some of the families with little children had went home, whilst other teenagers and adults still occupied the games.

you and johnny had been playing games all night, laughing and talking to one another.
now you were both waiting in line to go on the ferris wheel.

when you made it to the front of the queue, you went in first whilst johnny went in behind you.
you already had johnny's jean jacket on because he insisted you wear it earlier in the day when you started to get cold.

you and johnny sat in comfortable silence, at the top of the ferris wheel admiring the beauty of tulsa, oklahoma, when you broke it by softly saying, "tulsa is so beautiful up here."
johnny nodded and added "it looks so peaceful and calm."
you softly smiled, turning you head to look at him, "i wish it was always like this." johnny nodded along, before you both turned back to admiring the view.

"y/n?" johnny was the one that broke the silence this time.
"yes?" you replied turning you head around to face the ethereal boy next to you.
"i-i was wondering if you wanted to maybe go out with me again?" he asked hopefully. in which you smiled happily and said "of course, i really liked tonight!" johnny smiled back, happiness spreading through his body like a virus.

truth is, he had liked you since the moment he laid his eyes on you.

it had been a long night and you and johnny were walking back to your house. the stars were shining on the both of you, you felt butterfly's spread through your stomach. you were the happiest when you were with him.

you felt like the main character in a cliché story book.

author note:
sorry this chapter is so cliché but fuck it, sometimes cliché book are cute.

i hope you enjoyed this chapter, please remember to eat some food and stay hydrated! <33