sodapop curtis

"𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙨𝙤𝙙𝙖"

"𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙨𝙤𝙙𝙖"

you were running.
the cold, night air piercing your skin.

you could feel yourself getting dizzier by each second. the adrenaline rush was blocking out the pain from you shoulder, but the unmistakable crimson shone through your shirt visible by the moonlight.

you could hear the patter of footsteps from behind you, the loud gunshots making your ears ring.
the bullets were missing your body, ricocheting around the air.
you didn't dare turn around in fear of the armed greaser catching up to you.

you could see an alleyway up ahead and  without thinking ran into the darkness.

it had been three minutes, the adrenaline had subsided and your shoulder was in unbearable pain.

you had lost the armed man, however you could still hear the occasional shouts from outside.

"you're dead anyways, the nearest hospital is a mile away"

"you'll never get there in time"

you knew there was no way out.
you had to face the consequences.

you stood up, stumbling over a little bit due to the blood loss. you walked out of the shadows and towards the man, slowly raising up your hands.

the man who heard your footsteps turned around, and smirked when he saw you.
your y/h/c hair was in a mess and mud was visible over your face. your y/e/c eyes were sunken and you had a visible limp in your step. you were using one hand to apply pressure to the gun wound on your body, whilst the other one was behind your back, keeping yourself balanced.

the armed man laughed, and said the most cliché villain line.

"any last requests?"

you nodded.

"and that would be?" he asked intrigued, whilst the gun was pointing at you.

"can i make one last call?"

you stood there, balancing yourself on the wall, with the telephone in your hand.

the man decided to leave you and was in a car driving up and down the narrow road.

the phone was ringing until you heard the voice of which you missed so dearly.

"hello?"

"𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙨𝙤𝙙𝙖"

"y/n!! i haven't seen you all day, where have you been?" the soft voice questioned curiously.

"i've just been a bit busy today, how are you?" you asked softly,

"i'm good! can you come over tomorrow?" he asked with hope.

you smiled softly and spoke into the telephone, "maybe"

you knew that wasn't true, but you couldn't help it.

"hey soda?"
"yeah?"

"i love you so much, don't forget that alright?" you spoke, with a tear falling down you face.

"i know that, and i love you too" he laughed into the phone.

"i will always love you, and i will always be here with you okay? it's you and us forever, even if that m-means we're not together." you whispered, your voice cracking in between your words.

"i know that y/n, it's you and us against the world" he replied with happiness laced in his voice.

"tell the gang i love them alright?"
tears were silently falling from your eyes.

"um alright? is everything okay?" he questioned, worry visible in his words.

"never better" you answered.

all of a sudden your legs gave out and you fell, your back leaning against the brick wall.
black dots started to swarm your vision.

"is everything okay? y/n are you there?" you could hear on the other side of the phone.

"i love you so much soda,"
and with the last of your energy you ended the call and crumpled up against the wall.

it had been ten minutes and the man decided to walk into the alleyway and finish what he started. however he stopped when he saw a girl with y/h/c hair and y/e/c eyes lying on the ground lifeless.

"𝙞 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙨𝙤 𝙢𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙨𝙤𝙙𝙖"
those were your last words and soda would never forget that.

author note:
so like yeah, i'm so sorry but i wanted to make a sad soda one dnjehw