:: 02

"Honestly Nara, it wouldn't hurt to be a bit more responsible you know."

"Yeah, she's right. If you continue to do whatever you're doing, you might get expelled or something."

Kwon Nara shook her head at her friend's responses. She took a bite of her apple before getting up to throwing it away. "You guys need to stop nagging me. I'm completely fine," she mumbled, taking the bag of chips from her friend Himari. Her other friend Rin, only raised an eyebrow at Nara's response. 

The three girls were currently in gym class, just sitting by the wall. According to them, P.E was pointless, and they honestly didn't care much about it anyway. Other than Rin of course. But for the other two, no one bothered to tell them otherwise. Not like they were going to change their opinions about it any time soon. 

"Anyway," Himari spoke, moving her bangs out of her face. "Have you guys heard the news? About the princess of NEO city?"

Rin shook her head yes, while Nara didn't even pay much attention. Her eyes were only on the star basketball player of their high school. Mesmerized by his aura, Nara didn't realize her friends calling her name. "I swear to God, this girl is just-" "Huh?" Nara's eyes widened, feeling one last jab at her side from one of her friends. 

The two other girls just shook their heads at the girl's behavior. "I was saying," Himari spoke again, taking her phone out. "There's apparently a princess in NEO city. And she's going to be the next queen, but no one has ever known about her until now. They haven't revealed who she was yet. I don't even think she lives at the castle to be honest. Someone would have seen her there sooner." Nara, who was now paying attention, only scoffed at her friend's words. 

"I doubt this is true," Nara spoke. "I mean, why would they hide the princess for this long then? Like, make it make sense, you know?"

"Nara's right," Rin spoke, playing with her bracelet, the one all three of them had gotten the last summer. "This is completely out of the blue. I really just think it's just a rumor."

Himari groaned as she ran her finger through her hair, sitting back. "You guys have to sometimes believe in things you know. If this is real, then what's going to happen?"

"Absolutely nothing is going to happen," Nara spoke, her eyes still following the said male from earlier. "NEO city is hundreds of miles away from us. We don't even live in the same country! Honestly ari, you're thinking too much into this."

Rin, who was just sitting next to them, only agreed with the words of the said female. The whole thing about the princess didn't make sense. It was only a rumor that someone who was in need of drama had started. Nothing more than that. But Himari still continued. 

"Okay, but like, just imagine. Pretend you were the lost princess. I mean, who knows. It could be me. You, Rin, literally that girl too," she finished, pointing to their classmate who was applying makeup by the benches. 

"Missed me with that 'princess diaries' shit," Rin remarked, making the others laugh at her words. "Himari, things like this only happen in movies. Fanfictions even. They don't happen in real life. Nice try though," Rin finished, sending her friend a smile. Himari only shook her head, but in the end, the other pair was happy for a friend like her. They all needed someone that was lost in a fantasy world. It somehow always brought the mood up. 

But before the trio could continue their talk, the bell rang through the wind, calling an end to class. "And there's the final bell," Nara happily stated, standing up and dusting off her skirt. Rin and Himari did the same, grabbing their backpacks along the process. 

"What are you guys doing later?" Himari asked, taking some gum from her bag. "Study group," Rin spoke casually, threading a hand through her hair as she walked alongside the girls. "Do you do anything other than study?" Nara groaned, walking in the middle of the two and grabbing each of their arms. Rin shook her head, but couldn't help but smile at the girl's behavior. "We can hang out tomorrow if you want," she said, making the other cry out in joy. 

"I never thought the day would come," Himari joked, wiping out her fake tears from her eyes. But once the laughter had quieted down, Nara yawned. "I was hoping I could watch some t.v or something for the rest of the day, but I swear, my parents are gonna kill me. I really hope they didn't get an email sent home-"

"They probably did," Himari mumbled. But she quickly panicked seeing the worried expression on her friend's face. "But you know what? It's gonna be completely fine! You'll be okay! Right, rin?" "Y-Yeah. You'll be great!" Rin replied, trying to rack her brain to find as many positive words as she could. Nara sighed as she kicked pebbles from the school ground. "I wonder what's gonna happen later, oh my God." "

"We just gotta wait for the next chapter I suppose," Himari sighed, chewing on her piece of gum, making the others groan at her words. "Eww, stop talking like we're in a book or something," Rin stated, but she couldn't stop the hint of a smile on her cherry lips. "Yeah," Nara stated. "It's weird." Himari's eyes widened at her friend's remarks. "You're weird!" 

And that's when both Himari and Nara started to bicker all over again. 

a.n/

- hMmMm