:: 12

The streetlights spread their lights as they danced around the road Park Jisung was walking on. Silver earrings adorned his ears, followed by earbuds glued to the sides of his face, only causing a steady rhythm to guide him on the somewhat rainy road. His hands pressed into his pockets and his black jacket zipped halfway revealing a plain white dress shirt causing everyone around him to stop in their tracks. He was utterly beautiful. Of course he was, he was Park Jisung. However, the words that came out of his lips were everything but pretty. 

"Hyung, you can already tell. The princess seems like a bi-"

"Park Jisung, if you finish the sentence, I swear, you'll die from the royal family. And if they don't kill you, I won't hesitate to do it myself."

The younger boy only rolled his eyes as his older cousin tried to catch up with his steps. Jaemin faced forward but continued to glance at the boy, terrified of what vulgar (in Jaemin's opinion) thoughts may make their way down his mouth. To him, the princess didn't seem bad at all. Rather, she was cute and shy. However, she also seemed scared and nervous. But what else can you expect when you're in her place?

The silence seemed defeating as the pair walked further down the road to get to their apartment. Jisung glanced at Jaemin before letting out a large sigh. "You already like her, don't you."

Jaemin tried to hide his smile but only failed miserably. "Why can't I? She seems like a nice girl. Way nicer than her mother."

"How would you even know that? She just arrived."

"Yeah, well I can say the same to you. She did just arrive so why are you so quick to judge?"

Jisung let out a painful sigh. His cousin was far too brainwashed to even attempt to save him. At least in Jisung's eyes. Another rock was kicked ahead and the pair remained silent as they continued their walk back home.

"Jisung..." Jaemin started, not wanting to ruin the mood entirely. "Just wondering, did you ever finish the worksheet Professor Moon assigned last week? Chenle told me it was due yesterday."

Of course, Chenle did. To Jisung, the only reason his best friend would want to be tutored by his cousin would be to try and get Jisung into trouble. Or maybe it was to help him. Either way, Jisung did not like it one bit. He turned to his cousin and threaded a hand through his hair. Jaemin tapped his foot on the ground in a steady pattern, replicating a mother waiting for her child to give her an acceptable excuse.

"You know me hyung, I've been busy. The restaurant gets busier every day." To this, Jaemin only sighed.

"You're acting like you own the building. Jisung you just work there part-time. Only during the weekends too! You should probably put more energy into something else. Something like school." And instead of taking his cousin's advice. He only increased the volume of his earbuds, blocking out any advice the elder was bound to give him.

"You know, increasing your volume just increases the chance of hearing loss...."

That's when Jisung knew it was time to drown out that voice. 

The young boy began noting down his surroundings, his lips turning upright at the sight of children playing with their parents. A couple eating together at a cafe, and an elderly man riding his bike down the busy road. This was life to Jisung. Observing people around him and realizing everyone has their own story. He wasn't made to live in libraries, his view being nothing but books and assignments. He didn't want to sit in class all day hearing lectures he was never interested in, to begin with. The thought alone was enough to make him nauseous. 

Jaemin, on the other hand, did nothing but fill his head up with information. He was able to recite Shakespeare's writing as if he was the one who wrote it instead, solve mathematical equations in seconds, and even find the cure for cancer if he wanted to. But still, he was dumb enough to believe the royal family was tracking all of them by injecting chips into their bodies the day they came from the womb. Far, far different than his cousin. 

The two boys walked side by side, their intentions completely different. One was salivating at the idea of video games waiting for him while the other was ready to get in bed and continue reading "Romeo and Juliet."

Can you guess who's who? 

Nara, on the other hand, was a pure mix of the two. Here she was, dancing around her new room with a lollipop hanging from her mouth and the latest copy of her favorite book series in her hand. And in her ear? Music from the popular boy band, TCN blasting through, loud enough for an outsider to hear it. But she didn't care. That's just how she was. 

However, this caused an issue as the person behind the door became agitated with the lack of response they received from their nonstop knocking. Eventually, the door swung open as the visitor barged in unannounced. 

The one and only Li Hua stood, inspecting the girl oblivious to the outside world.

Nara waltzed around the room, her eyes closed as she hummed the song. Li Hua stifled a laugh as she moved around the other female, careful to not let her notice the second presence. Soon, however, the girl got tired of this and jumped behind the princess, hands placed on her shoulder. 

With a yelp followed by a hand clasping around her mouth, Nara had a hunch about who these eyes were. As she rolled her eyes, she was met with instant laughter from the other. 

"I'm sorry, princess, but you have to ask your mother to get you into some dance classes ASAP. How are you going to attend the ball tomorrow without knowing any basic steps? Or at least try to move humanely. Not whatever that was-" 

Nara interrupted her, slapping her shoulder not hard, but just enough for Li Hua to stop her sentence. However, her laughter was still present. Quickly, an idea came to her. 

"Princess, allow me to teach you. I swear, I'm the best teacher around. I promise." 

Nara, who had not yet spoken, scoffed. "Teachers aren't supposed to make fun of their students by the way," she mumbled, walking towards the girl. 

"So that's a yes?" 

The rest of the night was spent with the two females stepping on each other's feet, and grasping the air to try and stop themselves from falling. Loud squeals and laughter could be heard from the room from any corridor and the scolding from Nara about Li Hua's lack of energy was apparent to anyone passing by. 

One thing was obvious. Li Hua was the worst dance teacher around. 

"Just call your brother please, I've had enough," Nara sighed, but was quickly cut off by a pillow flung her way. "Aww, Li Hua, are you jealous?"

"You wish, Princess."

There the laughter started once more. 

A distance from the kingdom, the young boy was pacing around his room, a book in his hand, and the same earbuds adorning his ears. As he took every step, his lips let out each word displayed in the text. "Economic 101" What an interesting class. 

The lives of the two were far from similar. However, regardless of his hatred towards the girl he barely knew, she took up his thoughts, only causing him to groan in frustration. Tomorrow's exam will be based on pure luck and prayers. 

Jisung walked over to his window, his eyes glancing around the far view of the castle. It was hard to miss when the lights highlighted every part of the masterpiece. A sigh left his lips as he threaded a hand through his hair. 

"Who are you, Kwon Nara?"

The way I just update whenever I want is actually so bad- Literally about to create a better schedule so I can write more!

Anyway, how are we feeling? should they meet in the next chapter? ;)