:: 04

"You guys have to be joking."

"But Nara, we're really not."

And those words really made her register everything that had gone down during the last couple of hours. 

Her phone laid against the table, her notifications showing 37 missed calls from her friends. But it took her all the strength she had to not call them and inform them of the situation she was currently in. But even so, they probably wouldn't believe her. Instead, they would just laugh at her words. 

Her words that just seemed fake to the point where everyone would think she was crazy. 

"I'm sorry your highness," she started, looking down at the ground and not being able to meet the queen's eyes. "But there has to be a mistake. There's no way I'm the princess." 

"For real omg," Haru, her brother started, but hushed down after getting the deadly glares from his parents. And a kick at the shin from the older girl next to him. 

A long, awkward silence took over the atmosphere as the queen's eyes never left Nara's. Suddenly, tears began to prick in her eyes as the queen remembered memories from the past. memories of her perfect family. But because of one incident, everything fell apart. Her once longed-for life, shattered right in front of her eyes. 

"I've missed you so much Nara," she started, her voice barely audible. Her "parents" looked everywhere except for the two girls as they played with their fingers uncomfortably. Nara on the other hand was shocked. Who wouldn't be?

Her day started out as a normal day of school, but here she was, getting news that she was the long-lost princess of NEO City. And on top of that, she had found out that the people she had thought was her parents, ended up being something way different. 

More seconds of silence passed before Nara got the guts to speak. "I need to get something clear," she started, all eyes on her. "If these people aren't my parents," she began a bit too harshly. But no one could really blame her at the moment. "And if they're actually just my aunt and uncle, and if you're actually my mother, who the hell is my father?" And there she goes, rambling words and hoping they formed a proper sentence. 

And once more, silence.

"Your father," the queen spat, her eyes turning dark. "He wasn't a good man-"

"Don't talk about my brother like that!" Nara's "aunt" spoke, making her husband pull her arm. Nara's gaze shifted at the three adults, as she tried to guess what exactly was going on. 

"Your brother was a dishonest awful man!" The queen started again, her eyes keeping in contact with the other woman. "He played with the opposing side during the war 17 years ago, and not only did he risk the lives of our people, but he also risked the lives of his own family. Us."

17. This meant that during this so-called "war", Nara was merely a year old. 

To say the least, the young girl in the middle was still very, very confused. Her dad? The war? Her being a princess? Everything was just running through her brain, and nothing was making sense. Not that she would admit it or anything, but maybe she should have paid attention in her history classes. But right now, nothing else mattered. 

"So..." She started but was interrupted.

"He's dead, Nara," the queen spoke. And although her words came out bitterly, all of them could hear her voice break, every so slightly. 

Nara swallowed her voice, not really in the mood to ask anything else. All of this was really doing something to her, and it really wasn't good. The events taking place made her sick, and all she wanted to do was wake up from this "dream," and live her life as it had been every other day before this.

Everything was still very confusing to her, but she genuinely didn't know what to anymore. All she could do was nod her head at all the words that were getting spoken. But in reality, everything being said just sounded like muffled voices floating around. 

A sigh escaped her lips as she looked at the adults in the room. Haru, who was now known as her cousin, shuffled closer to her, hating the current atmosphere. Grabbing the female's hand, he gave it a tight and reassuring squeeze. Yes, the pair hated each other's guts, but in times like this, all they could do was stick together. 

Being the princess was supposed to be cool, and amazing. Something everyone was supposed to be jealous of. 

But as for Nara, she absolutely despised the fact that the title had gone to her. 

a.n/

- sorry for the gross short chapter :(( idk what I'm going for this story, bUt, it'll work out somehow asjakslks :))