:: 06

Wiping her tears away as fast as she could, Nara glared at the woman in front of her. And without saying anything, she grabbed her phone and walked past the door, her eyes looking straight ahead. Now, after leaving the room, what was she exactly planning on doing?

Well, to be honest, the young girl had no idea what to do next. All she knew was that she had to get out of this house. She bolted down the stairs, hoping she wouldn't have to meet the eyes of anyone else. Especially the woman she knows how to call her mother.

The queen.

Nara scoffed at the thought of being the princess. At the thought that her family had hidden this for her whole life. If the queen hadn't arrived at their house today, would they have even had the idea of telling her? Probably not.

Her footsteps made small noises as she dragged her legs through her hallways, nearly making it out the door. But of course, just before she could leave, two guards, dressed in navy blue suits with a neon lime pin, the official color of NEO City, grabbed her arms before she could get a hold on the doorbell.

"Shit," she hissed, trying her best to get away from the two. But in the end, she just let them sit her down, not bothering to hide her disappointment.

Out of the two guards, one spoke up, sitting down on the opposite side of the living room. "I'm assuming you know Korean?" he mumbled, flipping through some pages of paper. But taking a closer look, it seemed to be her official papers, along with her class reports.

"Hey, how'd you-" but the young girl stopped her statement. He worked for the kingdom after all. Getting her information would be a piece of cake to him. Sighing and lowering her head, Nara just nodded, earning a small smile from the man.

"Well, my name is Moon Taeil. And this is Nakamoto Yuta," he tilted his head, referring to the other guard. Yuta sent her a smile, but the young girl didn't have the energy or was she in the right mood to send him one back. "We'll be your royal guards for the time. Princess Nara, I hope you'll enjoy our company."

The young girl's ears perked up at the royal address arranged at the front of her name. "Princess," she whispered, the name sounding completely foreign in her tongue. The two guards shared a glance, wondering what was going on in the mind of the younger. For them, royalty wasn't a foreign thing, considering they worked for the queen herself for such a long time. However, for Nara, that wasn't the case.

"Well," Taeil spoke again, "I assume you're bags are packed? You're leaving for the kingdom soon." But his words never reached that of the girl's. Her mind was still lost in the thoughts of what her new life would be like. What she would be like in the future. She let out one more sigh before getting up. Her 5'6" presence felt small compared to the guards, but she took a deep breath and looked forward to meeting the eyes of one of the men.

"This wasn't the most welcoming first meet," she began, a small smile breaking out. "But I hope we can get along." Taking a bow, she turned around, making her way back upstairs. But before she could, she turned back around, trying again to run out the door. But it seemed as though the guards were already fully aware of what was going on.

"Not again," Nara groaned, earning a small laugh from Yuta. "Next time, try it again when Taeil isn't around," he mumbled in Japanese, knowing full well the other guard wouldn't understand. Nara's eyes widened, and for the first time since their meeting, she sent him a genuine smile, getting the same in return.

She nodded once more, turning around and actually going back up to her room. "I swear Yuta, you better have not told her anything bad," she heard Taeil frantically whisper. A laugh emerged from her rosy lips as she heard Yuta try and deny it. "I heard my name though!" Taeil argued, but Nara didn't hear what was said next.

She entered her room, now empty, and shut the door. Taking out her phone from her pocket, she looked at the hundreds of missed calls and texts from her friends. But instead of answering them back, she turned her phone off, and threw it on the bed, grabbing the nearest backpack.

What was her life even becoming at this point?

a.n

~ n e ways,

"The Moon," is such an amazing song, you should listen to it 😏😌