:: 05

"Okay, but what the actual fuck-"

"Ugh, Rin, I swear-"

"YOU GUYS."

Currently, Kwon Nara was attempting to tell her friends about the current news. The news, which made her whole body feel like it was about to collapse. But neither one was taking it too well. In fact, none of them knew what to say. 

"There's no way. Like, everything just feels so surreal-"

"If that's how you guys feel as my friends, how do you think I'm feeling?" the main girl questioned, sighing as she leaned back into her chair. 

The girls stayed quiet once more, trying their best to analyze the information they had just received. Nara heard the voices of the adults downstairs in the kitchen, but she did her best to just ignore them. However, as time went by, it was just proving to become more and more of a challenge. 

"I'll call you guys later," she stated, not letting them say their goodbye before she hung up. Honestly, everything was really getting to her, and she had no idea how to cope with it all. 

Nothing was making much sense to her, and everything just seemed to be a blur. How did her day start as normal as ever, can end just as ridiculous as she could've imagined? But the sound of a knock on her door brought her back to reality. Turning around, she mumbled, a quick "come in" to the unknown person, and rolled her head back, ready for any signs of sudden commotion. 

But when she heard nothing, she opened her eyes and turned around. And there stood Haru. His lanky form stood near the doorway, a small boyish smile on his face. The two, although rather close, hadn't said a single word to each other since the news had spilled. They had nothing against each other, but they just didn't know what to say. 

"So..." the boy started, not really knowing what to say to the girl. "How have you been?" Haru stayed near the door, but after a while, he made his way over to the female, sitting at the end of her bed. 

"Could be better," Nara mumbled, "It's just, everything weird now. Like, yeah, it's supposed to be, but it's just so much to take in at once."

"I feel you," the boy answered. "And although I'm not really in your place, it's kinda weird that we're cousins and not siblings."

"Oh yeah. That's true," Nara whispered. She hadn't thought much about what the boy had just mentioned, but after analyzing it, it did seem a bit out of the ordinary. Would it mean they would have to treat each other differently? Nara wasn't actually sure. And neither was Haru. The unexpected was happening, and they were just rolling with it. 

But that didn't make it any easier.

"I just...I don't know what I'm gonna do," she sighed, standing up from her seat and taking a seat on her bed, next to the boy. Haru nodded his head, not knowing what to do to comfort the older. But all he knew was that nothing was going to be the same again. 

But before the pair could continue their talk, a knock was heard from the other side of the door. And without a word from the duo, the door opened, revealing her mom. Well, her now aunt

Who knew what would happen to the relationship they once shared. Neither one knew what to say, and it was rather difficult for them to even share a single glance. Anger rushed through Nara's veins suddenly, but she couldn't help it. 

Why hadn't they told her about her past earlier? She had every right to know, but why? Why hide it? It just didn't make any sense to her. But when she met the eyes of the women, Tear stains shadowed her cheeks, and her eyes stung a bright red. Without mumbling any words, she looked away from the girl and ushered for Haru to come and stand near her.

The boy ran a finger through his hair. He knew Nara needed him, but his mother actually looked like she would pass out any minute now. The older took the boy's hand, and gave it a little squeeze, telling him to go. And with that, he did. 

But still, her aunt stayed near the door. Nara was growing more and more impatient as time passed. She really did not want to be in the same rooms as some of her family members, especially at times like now. She was angry, and everyone who looked at her would be able to tell. 

"Do you need anything, or..." she started but stopped when she saw more tears flow from the elder's eyes. The younger's heart yearned with sadness, but her stubborn mind decided to stay where she was. And after a few seconds passed by, the elder got control of herself, wiping away the salty tears. 

"Pack your bags..." she started, only make Nara scrunch her eyebrows in confusion. "What do you mean, I live here-" 

"Pack your bags. You're leaving. Right now."

And for some reason, that sentence managed to break her heart a million more times than it already was. 

a.n/

~ hahahahaha, did I really forget to publish this chapter earlier?

yes, yes I did-