Training

Three Days Later

Three days had passed since the incident happened in Lorna's room, she was still surprised that Levi hadn't punish her for attacking him. She had guessed that the nick to her neck was punishment enough from him, he told her it looked like she was going to get a scar after the cut on her neck had healed. It didn't bother Lorna though, she could easily hide it with her hair. But the day after the incident Levi began to train her, he showed her many different combat moves with the help of Farlan. At first Lorna sat and watched them sparring together until she was invited to join them, it was a whole different story when she was sparring with them. They didn't go easy on her even though Furlan apologized constantly for knocking Lorna off her feet, she gotten more bruises in the last few days than she normally got in a week from cleaning the house. She was improving though with her combat skills, but she did get nervous sometimes when Levi decided to guide her body and hands to stop Furlan's counter attacks. He was getting way too physical with her, but he reassured her that it was an easier way for her to learn combat positioning than being told where to place her feet or where to position her hands.

Furlan had noticed it too, he found it amusing and joked that their marriage must be improving since Levi was getting physically closer to Lorna. He never really questioned her about having a husband since she knew him, but then again she never told him why she wore a wedding ring and he just presumed that Levi was her husband because they were living together before he moved in with them. Levi never corrected him neither, he just ignored what he said and continued with whatever he was doing. She normally threatened Furlan with the broom and told him to shut up before she rammed the broomstick up his arse when he mentioned anything about marriage, but he laughed it off saying she was getting more like Levi because of her threatening behavior. She argued back with him and told him she wasn't a violent thug, but he always replied back with not yet. But today was like any other day, Lorna had to give the house it's daily sweeping. Levi had left the house this morning with Furlan, he said they had some business they needed to attend to at the local tavern near the house with some of their gang members. So she was left alone to sweep the entire house until they returned, but she didn't mind because she enjoyed the peace. She began by sweeping the downstairs area of the house, she had left a pile of dirt in the middle of the downstairs's living room. She wanted to sweep the upstairs before she swept the dirt out of the house, this way it would be much easier so she could sweep all of the dirt out of the house at the same time.

Lorna hurried up the staircase while she pulled her bandanna over her mouth, she got to the top of the stairs and ran along the corridor until she got to a window. She opened the window's shutters and saw Furlan standing outside of the tavern with a few of his gang members, he then gave her wave before he disappeared back into the tavern with them. She sighed to herself as she turned around and looked along the corridor, she needed to get motivated. She began in Furlan's room, she swept his bedroom and tutted to herself when she found dried mud on the skirting board near his bedroom's door again. Someone must have wiped their muddy boot's heals on it, she scrapped the dried mud away from the skirting board with the broom.

" Right, let's get this dirt swept outside so I can get a start on dinner." Lorna said, she closed the bedroom's door behind her. " Then I will need to do the laundry and change the bed sheets in our bedrooms. Also scrub the kitchen from top to bottom..."

Lorna began to walk backwards towards the staircase while she swept the dirt along the corridor with her, she stopped at the top of the staircase and pulled her bandanna away from her mouth when she saw Levi walking up the staircase. She stepped to one side so he could get passed her, but he stopped in front of her and looked down at the pile of dirt on the floor. He then looked up at her from the floor and gave her one of his serious looks. She gave him a weak smile and explained to him that someone must have wiped their dirty boots on the skirting board again, she told him she thought it maybe one of his gang members or maybe Furlan after he had returned home tipsy from the tavern last night.

" I'll scrub the skirting boards later after I've done the laundry, so if you need anything washing just bring it downstairs." Lorna said. " Can I ask why you're back so early? I thought you were going to stay at the tavern with Furlan until dinner was ready, I saw him going back into the tavern not long ago from the window. I bet you're back early because you're hungry, you really need to start eating all of your breakfast. There's some leftover bread downstairs from yesterday, would you like me to toast some of it for you?"

" I'm not hungry..." Levi replied. 

" Then why are you back so early?" Lorna asked.

Levi didn't answer Lorna's question, he just continued to stare at her. She tucked some of her loose strands of hair behind her ear while turned her full attention towards the staircase, she could feel his gaze on her still, he was beginning to make her feel uncomfortable now. She gave him a sideways glance while she bit at her bottom lip, he was still staring at her. She gathered up all of her courage while she turned around to face him, she asked him if there was a problem.

" Why are you staring at me?" Lorna asked with a sigh. " Tell me what I've done wrong, did I miss a spot?" 

Lorna didn't have time to react when Levi brought his thumb to Lorna's chin, he stepped closer towards her while he gently tipped her chin backwards. Her grip tightened around the broom's handle as she looked up at the ceiling, he wasn't that much taller than her. Levi and Lorna were basically nearly the same height, she was sometimes taller than him if she had an heal on her footwear. 

" How's your neck?" Levi asked.

" It's a little sore still, but it will be fine in a few days." Lorna replied. 

" Good, I would hate for you to suffer..." Levi said.

" Excuse me Levi, but what are your doing?" Lorna asked.

Levi didn't answer Lorna's question, she gulped hard while he leaned in closer towards her. She closed her eyes and brought her hand to the collar of his shirt, she had no idea what he planned to do to her. She could feel his hot breath against  her neck, she trembled slightly as she let go of the broom and let it fall to the floor. Her gaze quickly turned towards the broom, but Levi turn her face towards him. She stared into his eyes while she rested her hand on his arm, he leaned in closer towards her but their moment was interrupted by Furlan yelling for Levi from downstairs.

" You should go..." Lorna said.

Levi nodded and pulled himself away from Lorna, he then hurried down the staircase to meet Furlan. She picked the broom up from the floor and sighed deeply to herself, she was feeling slightly dreamy. She really didn't want to feel any form of attachments to anyone in The Underground City, she knew people disappeared quite easily down here without a trace or they died from unknown diseases on the streets. They were saving up money anyway for citizenship on the surface, Levi had told her she was free to go and live her own life when they got up there. 

" Lorna, I want you to continue sweeping the house!" Levi yelled up the staircase. " Me and Furlan have job to complete, we may not be back until the afternoon. Will you be okay by yourself until then?!" 

" I'll be fine, I'll have dinner ready for you both when you get back!" Lorna replied.

" Oh dinner!" Furlan yelled. " What are we having?!"

Lorna heard Levi telling Furlan to move it, she then heard the front door slam shut behind them as they left the house. She dropped the broom on the floor while she hurried back along the corridor towards the open window, she looked through the window and watched them both walking back towards the tavern. But she hid when Furlan waved at her, she felt embarrassed right now. She sat down on the floor and pulled her knees to her chest with a sigh, what just happened to her? Lorna felt awkward after what Levi had just tried to do, she needed to find out why he tried to kiss her.