Mystery

When Lorna returned back to the highest peak of The Underground City she didn't tell them about what she had just seen in the alleyway, she didn't want to worry Isabel or put everyone off their lunch. She didn't feel like eating when she got there though, she gave her share of food to Isabel because she couldn't get the imagines of those dead men out of her head. When she was questioned about why she didn't want any lunch she told them that she had some leftover bread from breakfast before she left the house, they seemed to believe her lie which was a relief. After everyone had finished their lunch they left the highest peak of The Underground City and made their way to an abandoned street. 

Lorna had never been to this part of the city before. The houses were derelict and dark, they were unused. Levi told them this street was abandoned after an outbreak of a mysterious disease about ten years ago which killed over ninety people, this part of the city had been quarantined for years. Lorna had never heard about this mystery illness before which surprised her since she had always lived in the city, but she had been a child when it had happened. It wasn't long until they got back to their training, Lorna watched as Isabel began to learn how to maneuver herself around the abandoned street. It looked really difficult, but she managed to get the hang of it after an hour. When it came to Lorna's turned she ended up getting cold feet, she tried her best to maneuver herself around the street but she failed miserably. She couldn't get the timing right to release the grappling hooks and she ended up crashed through three boarded up windows, her body was aching all over. Furlan had rushed to her aid, he helped her to her feet and brushed some dust from her shoulder. 

" Are you okay?" Furlan asked.

" No, I think I may have broken something..." Lorna replied.

" Your arse may be?" Isabel joked.

" That's not even funny..." Lorna sighed.

Lorna tried it a few more times, but she couldn't get the hang of it. She had enough of the training after an hours time, she told them she was going home now to prepare dinner and make some tea with willow bark to relieve her aching body. Furlan didn't want her to go just yet, he told her she would get use to maneuvering if she tried it a few more times. But she told him no with a shake of her head, her training was over for the day. She left them in the abandoned street and made her way back home, she planned on not trying that again in a hurry. She arrived back home, the first thing she did was put some water in the cooking pot and set out four bowls with a plate of bread rolls on the table. She hurried to her bedroom and got changed into some clean clothes, she then went to washed her hands in the washroom. When she returned to the kitchen she began to chop vegetables for the soup she planned to make for dinner, she had to stop a few times though because her shoulders were killing her. It wasn't long until the others arrived home, they looked tired and their clothes were dirty. They placed their three dimensional maneuver gear down on the floor near the leather bench, Lorna heard Levi telling them that they would have to help him clean the maneuver gear before they went to bed. Isabel complained a little bit over the news, but Lorna knew she would help him since he had been good to her.

Levi went upstairs while Furlan and Isabel joined Lorna in the kitchen, she could tell they were both hungry by the way they were looking around for food in the kitchen. Isabel peered over Lorna's shoulder with a little bowl on salt in her hands, she was eyeing up the cooking pot of soup. Furlan on the other hand was getting some butter from the pantry and a bowl of apples, he always did this to help Lorna out. 

" Dinner will be ready soon." Lorna said while she added a pinch of salt to the soup. " But I think you should both get changed into some clean clothes before I plate it up, you're both filthy."