Changes

Lorna left Levi at the window and hurried back to her room, she needed to get a few of her belongings before she went to his room. She grabbed her clothes and took the lit candle from the dresser, she also checked on Isabel before she left her room. She closed the bedroom's door quietly behind her and looked along the corridor, Levi was no longer standing at the window anymore. He must have gone back downstairs Lorna thought to herself while she walked over to his bedroom's door, he sometimes took a pot of tea with him to his room before he retired for the night.

Lorna knocked on his bedroom's door and got no answer, she slowly open the door. She peeked her head around the door and checked his room, he wasn't even here yet. She entered his bedroom and closed the door behind her, his room was tidy. Levi didn't really clutter his room with his belongings or random items, he was stuck in his ways. She often wondered where he kept his personal belongings though, the only things on display in his room were his leg holster and a hair brush. She walked over to his bed and hung her clothes over the bed's headboard before she placed the lit candle down on the window sill. Looking through the window Lorna could see many rooftops of The Underground City, the streets were becoming silent now. She had never really looked through Levi's room's window before since she moved into his house, it was nice looking at the city from a different angle. She never realized how many houses were exactly down here, the people population was pretty high. Sighing to herself she walked over to Levi's bed, his bed's blankets were neat with no creases on them. She pulled the blankets back on the bed and puffed up the pillows, she was going to try to get to sleep before Levi retired for the night. 

Lorna got into the bed and covered herself up while she lay back on the bed, the straw mattress felt weird underneath her. She was use to sleeping in her own bed, she curled up into a ball and stared at the candle on the window sill. She heard footsteps walking along the corridor and then a door close, that must be Furlan going to bed. She heard another set of footsteps walking along the corridor, but they stopped outside of the bedroom and the handle of the door turned. Closing her eyes when the door opened she heard Levi say her name as he closed the door behind him, she didn't answer him though. Lorna continued to fake her sleep, she then heard him walk across the room. She listened to each sound Levi made while he settled himself down in his armchair, there was a pouring sound and clinking of teacups. She could smell his tea from the bed, the scent of fruit filled her nostrils. It was quite a pleasant scent, she always liked the smell of a brewing pot of tea in the morning and a bowl of porridge to go with it. The room went quiet, but then Lorna's stomach decided to loudly rumble. She fidgeted and tucked her hands beneath the pillow, so much for trying to pendent she was asleep.

" Lorna, I know you're awake..." Levi said.

" I guess I can't fool you, can I?" Lorna asked, she opened her eyes and saw Levi sitting in his armchair near the window with his teacup in his hand. " I thought if I closed my eyes I would fall asleep quicker, but it seems like my plan is not working out for me."

" I see." Levi replied. " Would you care for some tea? I mixed some chamomile with my tea leaves, it may help you sleep or ease your anxiety."

" I'm not feeling anxious!" Lorna replied.  

" Then why do I sense an uncomfortable vibe between us?" Levi asked.

" I don't have a clue what you are talking about, but I can admit I'm kind of feeling nervous about sharing a room with you." Lorna replied. " I know I've lived with you for years now, but this is new territory for me. I've never slept in the same room with you before unless you count that time I was beaten senseless by you, I'm frightened that I may do something to annoy you..."

" Annoy me how?" Levi asked. 

" I don't know, I could snore or talk in my sleep." Lorna replied.

" As long as you don't shit yourself we'll be fine." Levi said.