Chapter 2- Save Me

TW: assault  and violence 

Kat woke up that morning feeling like a shell. Her emotions had gotten the best of her yesterday, therefore today was rough. Theo wasn't in the room when she woke, the sheets weren't even touched on his side. Normally she would feel bad about taking someone's bed but this was Theo, so she didn't care. 

She wanted to shower but she needed to gather her things from the other room. Praying Theo wasn't home, she made her way out of the comfort of the empty bedroom. Her clothes from the previous day was still on, making her feel gross. 

The air smelt of food, making her mouth water. Naturally she followed the scent. Poking her head in the large dinning room, she saw Theo bringing his mug up to his lips. When she caught his eye she groaned internally. 

They stared at each other for a moment, both overcome with a sense of uncomfortableness. "You should eat." He said flatly, bringing his mug back to his mouth. She would kill for a cup of coffee or tea. 

She said nothing, she just stood there finding a sudden fascination with her cuticles. He picked up on her uncomfortable energy so he cleared his throat before he spoke again. "Why don't you go have a shower then join me for breakfast?" He said with a huff. 

"I don't know where anything is." Kat said quietly. 

"Fucking Salazar - it's down the hall, third door on the left. Now hurry along." He responded, rolling his eyes. 

Once Kat left the room, Theo buried his face in his hands. He began to wonder what he had gotten himself into. She obviously didn't want to be there but now she was stuck. He made her stuck. Well he didn't want her there either, so that meant they were both unhappy. 

Liar - his subconscious thought. 

No matter how pissed he was about the situation, he still felt bad about last night. She didn't do anything to make him snap in the first place, but Theo had a bad temper. She was clearly able to handle herself.

He could still feel where her hands rested on his chest and he hated it. He hated what she did to him, ever since their school years. However that is a story for a different time. He ran his fingers through the mop of curls on his head and let out a sigh. 

Today wasn't the day he wanted to deal with this. He was still hungover from last night, whiskey was his vice. He didn't even go out with the guys, he merely sat behind the house with a bottle, ignoring her until she fell asleep.

When he saw her asleep on the library couch he felt bad, he knew he didn't tell her where to sleep. Theo took note of how his mess was cleaned up. Her bloody hand was wrapped in a towel and he wondered why she didn't fix it with her wand.

You're the reason she was hurt, his brain told him.

After taking her to the bedroom, he walked to the couch and slept there. He figured she didn't want to see him if she woke up in the middle of the night. Thankfully she was asleep so he could relocated her without protest. 

When Kat re-emerged from the bathroom, she sat across from him. Her hair was air drying and she wore a simple t-shirt dress. He never understood muggle fashion but he liked it for the most part. 

"I'm sorry I slept in your bed. I didn't know which room was mine-" She began but her statement confused him.

"Your room?" 

"Yes, my room. I didn't want to go in any room that I wasn't suppose to." Kat said, trying to figure out why he was so confused. 

"Katherine, we're married." He chuckled, which caused her to roll her eyes. "Don't remind me." She bit back.