Chapter 4- French Toast

A/N: I know you are all about to groan but stay with me. This is a short story so things have to develop fast for a reason. However it's not the outcome you think.

ALSO PLAY THE SONG WHEN YOU SEE *** 

She screwed up. 

It had been three weeks since Theo had last spoken to her. Occasionally he would ask her if she had plans or he would notify her that he wouldn't be home for dinner but other than that, nothing. 

Theo filled his days with either work or just avoiding the house all together. There had been way too many drunk confessions at Draco's doorstep, venting about the whole thing. He was hurt and he blamed himself for it. 

He regretted saying some of the things he said to her on the patio. He should have never said that he wished hatred upon her but in that moment it was the truth. 

Truth

Such a funny little word. 

Theo felt like he deserved to know it was her first time. All he's ever wanted to do what protect her and prevent anyone from causing her harm. However Kat made sure that he hurt her that night and unknowingly...he did. 

The last thing he ever wanted to do was cause her pain but he didn't have choice. She didn't seem like she was in pain but turns out Kat is good at hiding behind a mask, they both were. Maybe he was being dramatic but she wanted to hate him and he was going to let her. 

He was making it easier, or so he thought. 

*WEEK ONE*

She expected him to be angry, to freeze her out for a little bit but it's been five days. Theo didn't sleep in their room that night it happened. She found the guest bed was unmade the next morning, so she assumed he wanted to be left alone. 

The sheets were changed the next morning by the time she had gotten out of the shower. 

She began to question why she wanted to hate him in the first place. He was cold and distant but he didn't really owe her anything. He provided everything for her, especially since she wasn't working at the time. 

The Ministry had given anyone who had to relocate eight weeks to get settled. Unless you were with child, you would return after the eight weeks were up. Kat wished she could've gone in to at least clear her head a bit. 

He came home drunk that night, ignoring her at dinner. The only thing that could be heard was the eating utensils on the porcelain plates. She tried to make conversation but his response was bitter. 

"How was work today?" She asked, hoping for any sort of conversation. 

"Better than how it is here." He bit back harshly, excusing himself to the patio out back. 

She watched through the window as he lit up a cigarette, inhaling deeply. He didn't see her watching. If he did, he didn't make it known. The thick cloud of smoke vanished in the air as he ran his fingers through the mop of curls on top of his head. 

He looked distraught. 

*WEEK TWO* 

Kat tried everything. She made his bed every morning, in the guest room, after he left. She picked up the trash in his office, including picking up the whiskey bottles that littered the back patio. She smiled every times she saw him. She said 'bless you' every time he sneezed. 

She would cast a warming charm on his food if she saw he was late for dinner. For the most part she stayed out of his way. He was snappier than normal and it made her feel worse.