Chapter 3- Eavesdropping

*SMUT WARNING*

Kat woke up alone the next morning, the bedding on his side still unmade. She didn't like the feeling of waking up without him after last night. Yes they were both intoxicated but maybe this was a sign. The universe's way of saying 'hey, it's not that bad'. 

There were many things that could not go ignored in their situation but last night was hardly the time to discuss it. Part of her was still angry about being presented last night on stage, like some sort of animal. 

Her feet hit the cold floor, making her shiver. The moment she stretched her arms above her head she winced in pain. The mark on her shoulder made it difficult to raise her arm. She didn't want to look at it, so when she made her way into the bathroom she made sure to avoid the mirror. 

Never in her life had anything made her feel so weak. Turning on the shower to wash away the horrid events of last night, she wondered where Theo had run off to. Kat wondered if things would be different after last night. 

She didn't regret what she asked of him. Hopefully it didn't make things awkward. She hurried along in the shower, rushing to see if she had gotten any mail from Ron or Hermione. As she got dressed in her sweats and a cropped tank, she decided to let her hair dry naturally. 

The house was quiet but the smell of breakfast was present. Closer to the dinning room she heard muffled conversation. Opting to skip breakfast for a few more minutes, her legs took her down the hallway past the dinning area. Her stomach growled but she ignored it's pleas. The door in front of her must have led to Theo's office because the other rooms she knew to be the guest bathroom, the library, and the guest bedroom. 

Against Kat's better judgement she pressed her ear to the door, hearing more than Theo's voice. She knew she shouldn't be listening to a conversation that didn't involve her but she couldn't help her curiosity. 

"It's not a big deal Malfoy." Theo said, sounding like he was on the verge of snapping.

"It's a big deal when I have to clean up the mess of your tantrum. I understand it was necessary last night but mate think about this." Draco responded, slamming something down on what sounded like a desk. 

"I'm done talking about this. I would've done it for anyone, it's nothing special." Kat's heart sank to her stomach as she heard his response. 

Of course it wasn't special. She was being attacked and any sane man would've jumped in. However hearing that it wasn't special didn't make her feel good. Maybe he thought last night wasn't anything different. Maybe he only touched her because she asked, not because he liked her. 

"Okay, fine. I can see how saving someone from assault is a natural reaction but what about the kiss? I saw you kiss her when she asked you to dance and after you saved her. What exactly do you call that Theodore?" Draco bit back. 

She should go. His response terrified her because she had no clue what he was going to say. Her stomach kept turning, telling her to leave and stop listening but she couldn't. She had to know why he kissed her last night. She told herself no matter what the answer was, she would act calm. 

"I was drunk. I wouldn't have kissed her if we weren't both intoxicated." He said flatly. 

There it was, the answer she was dreading. Tears began to prickle in her eyes but she blinked them away. She didn't want to hear anymore, she didn't care. Her cat let out a loud 'meow' causing the boys to go silent. 

She rushed to the dining room, sitting in the same spot she did yesterday. Hearing footsteps, she continued to make her tea and she began to smear jam onto her toast. Her heart was pounding but she ignored it and she pushed every sad feeling down, deep where no one could find it.