Chapter 6 - Fight Club

*SMUT WARNING* A/N: This is a very emotional chapter like the last one, so i'm sorry.

Twitter: @ anon_dramione

She was a shell.

Kat barely moved from the bed unless it was to shower. Theo brought all of her meals to her, without a word from her lips. She cried herself to sleep every night while he held her. He let her get it all out but that meant he couldn't talk about his own feelings.

It had been eight days since they last spoke.

Kat wasn't trying to be selfish by not speaking to him. She had just been through trauma, he expected it. That didn't stop him from talking though. Every night he whispered in her ear, how perfect she was, that it wasn't her fault, or telling her how much he wanted to protect her.

Theo felt like a failure.

He caught her in front of the fireplace one night, only the flames lit up the room. She was burning something. Theo walked over to hover, she knew he was there. He looked closer to see the blood stained clothing being engulfed by flames.

As the cloth turned to ash in front of them, Kat let out a sigh of relief. He thought it was the last thing she needed to move forward.

However Kat remained upset because she blamed herself. She told herself that caused it, which she didn't. Theo had unresolved anger about the whole thing. As much as he tried to be there for Kat, he knew he hadn't yet begun to heal himself.

All he cared about was if Kat was okay.

He was losing himself, hurling right to the edge.

"I think i'm going to meet Astoria for lunch on Sunday." Kat said, sipping her tea. They were actually having breakfast on the patio this morning. The weather was nice and they could both use the fresh air.

"I think that's a great idea, love. I would offer to make a reservation for you but i'm sure Astoria has it covered." Theo chuckled, sipping on his black coffee.

"I also should be going back to work soon. Who knows how backed up it must be with everyone taking the time off." She said, propping her head on her fist.

"If that's what you want, go for it." Clearing his throat, he reached across the table to hold her hand. "Just don't rush back into things in hopes for a distraction."

She gave him a soft smile and nodded. She went to make her self another cup of tea but Theo waved her off. He refilled her cup, adding two lumps of sugar and a splash of milk. She smiled to herself, a blush creeping up to her cheeks. "Just something that i've picked up on." He mumbled, slightly embarrassed.

"Listen, thank you for being there for me the past couple of days. I know that I haven't exactly been there for you. If you want to talk about-"

"I don't." He said quickly, cutting her off.

Her shoulders slumped in defeat. It didn't make her upset that he didn't want to talk about it, she just thought she may have lost her window to do so. She frowned but covered it quickly. He watched her as she did so, trying to figure out her game-plan, if she had one.

"If you want to talk about it we can, but don't worry about me. I'm coping just fine, I have ways to release those feelings." He wiped his mouth with a napkin before finishing his statement. "I'm more worried about you. Do you need anything?"

She shook her head, then thought for a moment. "Actually, I need a favor." She whispered, causing him to swallow slowly, waiting for her to continue. "I - umm - I bought baby books the other day, when we were at Hogsmeade. They're under my side of the bed. I know that i'd like to keep them but-"